Search for content in message boards

Civil War Soldier Fairbanks

Civil War Soldier Fairbanks

Posted: 3 Aug 2000 7:28PM GMT
Edited: 30 Oct 2001 1:12AM GMT
I have a photo of a Civil War Soldier with the name of FAIRBANKS written across the front-it was with a similar photo of my gggrandfather Sebastian Shultis who was with the 144th NYInf-may or may not be associated Seeking to identify FAIRBANKS-thanks Bob V

Fairbanks

Donna Kay Shorten (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 2000 4:05PM GMT
Bob, I had a Great great Grandfather named David Orville Fairbanks(Orville) who was in the NY Calvary during the Civil War. Send a picture via E-mail if you can and I will compare it to a picture that I have. Donna

FAIRBANKS FAMILY IN AMERICA

Posted: 12 Sep 2000 9:50AM GMT
Edited: 19 Sep 2002 3:20AM GMT
THERE IS A FAIRBANKS FAMILY IN AMERICA BOOK THAT WAS PRINTED IN 1897 THAT HAS ALL THE INFO BACK TO 1633. THE FOUNDATION IS IN DEDHAM MA. THEY STILL OWN THE ORIGINAL FAMILY HOME AND HAVE A LARGE ASSOCIATION. THE WEB SITE ADDRESS IS WWW.FAIRBANKSHOUSE.ORG

FAIRBANKS/FULLER

Posted: 6 Nov 2000 7:35PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jun 2005 2:33AM GMT
This note is for Gail Fuller -- you mentioned that your great grandmother's maiden name was Fairbanks. I'm trying to track down the family of an Ida FAIRBANKS (b. Feb. 1880 in NY) who married a Charles FULLER. They lived in NY, then possibly MA. I lose track of them in Utica, NY around 1910. She had a brother Merritt Fairbanks who died in Riverside, CA in 1952. Any info helpful!

Civil War Fairbanks

Posted: 6 Nov 2000 7:43PM GMT
Were you able to identify the Fairbanks in the photo yet? I have a great grand uncle named Merritt Fairbanks, from Oswego Co, NY who was a Union soldier, though I think he was in the 110th.
Posted: 7 Nov 2000 2:30PM GMT
Edited: 30 Oct 2001 1:12AM GMT
Gail-So far I have been unable to identify the photo of Soldier Fairbanks-He most likely will be identified only when his photo is recognized-If you can identify your Fairbanks I can send you a photocopy-Bob

Ida Fairbanks

Posted: 8 Nov 2000 6:51PM GMT
Edited: 19 Sep 2002 3:20AM GMT
GAil,I checked the Fairbanks Family in America Book for all the Ida Fairbanks and found nothing with a 2/1880 birthdate. Also there is no Merritt Fairbanks, do you know if that is his first or middle name. If I can help any further please e mail at gailnwes@aol.com

Soldier Fairbanks

Posted: 28 Nov 2000 7:06AM GMT
Bob -- I have several photos from the Fairbanks family, and suspect I know which one may be Merritt Fairbanks, the soldier in question, but if I could get a photocopy of your picture, perhaps if it's a match I'd be able to verify mine and match up yours. Please e-mail me at gailkreyns@cs.com and I will give you my snail mail address.

Ida M. Fairbanks

Posted: 27 Mar 2001 10:15PM GMT
Edited: 22 May 2006 3:43AM GMT
Gail - Ida M. Fairbanks was born Feb 1880 NY and died after 1909 she married ca 1897 to Charles Fuller b ca 1877. What do you have on her siblings?

Ida M. Fairbanks and siblings

Posted: 6 Apr 2001 8:40PM GMT
Ardis, good to see you are still plugging away at the Fairbanks family! It's been 2 1/2 years since we exchanged information! I'm still trying to track down Merritt's children, but found some good leads. I haven't gotten any leads on Ida, other than what you just posted. His son Merritt William was born 1 March 1878 in NY, died 9 January 1952 in Riverside, CA, married a woman named Edith sometime around 1903. Don't know when he moved on to California. I found a good possibility for Fred E., but nothing conclusive. There was a Fred E. Fairbanks who was born 18 March 1882 in NY and died 2 July 1968 in Los Angeles, CA, but I can't find anything to tie him in for sure as Merritt Allen's son. I think I may have told you that I found Charles Emmitt's grandson living in Cranston, RI, and got some info there, but alas, never followed up on getting more detailed info. Pleas e-mail me (gailkreyns@cs.com) and let me know if you've come up with anything new since 1998, including if you've managed to tie William B. R. into the line of Luther Fairbank (b. July 1776 in MA).
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions