Search for content in message boards

geronimo's grand kids

geronimo's grand kids

Posted: 9 Jan 2010 4:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 May 2014 6:44AM GMT
Surnames: Sandovol, Montoya
my grandmother Victoriawas the granddoughter of chief geronimo her parents last name were sandovol and montoya he still has many great great and great grandchildren many who live threw out the U.S all of his grand sons and many of his great grandson have served in the U.S military victoria's three son's served in the U.S.M.C, during world war two in both Pacific and European theather loosing one son joesph in italy ther is a long line of Geronimo family living in wyoming and colorado threw my gradmother's family tree

Re: geronimo's grand kids

Posted: 25 Mar 2010 12:16AM GMT
I have been working on a family tree. Geronimo is supposedly a great great grandfather of mine. I am related to the Montoya's in Wyoming. are the Montoya's you speak of was there a Jose, Pete, and Victor Montoya?

Posted: 2 Apr 2010 3:35PM GMT
I have photos taken July 3rd, 1976 at, what was called then, the All Indian Parade. In a wagon driven by a man was an older woman - either the granddaughter or great grand daughter of Geronimo or Cochise. Can you help me identify her? I am going to list all my photos I took that day on Ebay where my ID is leota. If you want the photograph for FREE please let me know soon so it is not included in the auction. I had just finished college and had a great camera. I walked into the parade to take these old photos. Dawn

Posted: 27 Jun 2010 6:30AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
sorry to have borthered you but im trying to find out about my family past but some of my family members are saying that im realted to geroimo the indian but i dont know if thats true there saying that hes my great great great great grandfather... i was wondering if you can help me find out if thats true. my name is joanna lopez.

Posted: 25 Oct 2010 3:06PM GMT
I also just found out I am a direct decendant of Geronimo!My great great grandmother Arizona Tucker from Courtland Alabama was one of Geronimos daughters!

Posted: 7 Nov 2010 9:41PM GMT
Hi,
Im searching for my grandparent background-where they came from.I find they were married Caro,Tuscola,County Mic Sept.13,1893 gram -Ethel Knight,gramp Burton Cobb.She was full Apache.id like to see if there were any siblings as I may have aunts,uncles,etc.Janet rowemom5_51@yahoo.com

Posted: 7 Nov 2010 9:46PM GMT
Hi,
If I may ask,how many children did Geronimo have & do you know their names?Im just searching to see if I have any relatives in this area.Janet My gram was to be full Apache-Mi.Ethel Knight-my gramp was Burton Cobb.

Posted: 29 Dec 2010 3:08PM GMT
just wondering if there are stories passed down of whites that had been befriended by geronimo?i have a story that was passed down about my grandfather and geronimo.don't know how much truth there is in the story.i'd really like to find out.as the story goes my grandfather had allowed geronimo's band to take cattle as needed,in return grandfather was allowed to cross apache country unmolested profided he wore a red neckerchief.as the story goes grandfather forgot the neckerchief and was persued by geronimo and was shot in the shoulder. when geronimo foundout who he had shot geronimo took grandfather to his camp and took care of the wound in my grandfathers shoulder.was also asked what happened to the red neckerchief,grandfather told geronimo that he had forgotten to put it on.grandfather told geronimo that he goofed and got what he deserved,luckily not losing his life to boot.my grandfather's name was william miller.hope someone can conferm weather this story was true or not.i'm in hopes that story can get my questions anwsered.

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 12:18PM GMT
I was told that Geronimo was my great great great grandfather. I'm still not sure it's all true. My grandfathers Name was Jessie Geronimo Simmons. I was told he was named after him. I didn't my grandfather but to hear I could posable be related to a legend is fasinating

Posted: 3 Apr 2011 8:34PM GMT
I am trying to find info...my grandmothers mother was geronimos neice..my great grandmother was Cedriacca Amerillas. My grandmother is Teresa Corona. Need help in finding my great grandmothers name.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic