Search for content in message boards

Samuel Guthrie m. Mary Jane Douglas White

Samuel Guthrie m. Mary Jane Douglas White

Betty Lorenz (View posts)
Posted: 10 Feb 2000 4:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Apr 2005 11:32AM GMT
Surnames: Guthrie, Douglas, White, Morgan, Potter, Pillow, Greenway, Kincannon
Looking for any information on Samuel T Guthrie and Mary Jane Douglas White. Both were supposed to have been married before and their first spouses died. Haven't a clue what their names were. While Samuel was in the Confederate Army his first wife died. When he came home Mary Jane's first husband had been killed in the war. They combined their families and had more. The youngest being my great grandfather, John Thomas Guthrie. He married Martha Matilda Morgan on 11/10/1900 in Craighead Arkansas. He was born 1/21/1879 in Craighead, Arkansas. He died 5/01/1962 in Yuma, Arizona. Some of his siblings were Henry Lee born April 11, 1978 in Paragould, Greene Co., Arkansas. He married Iva Elisabeth Potter 12/10/1910. He died 5/01/1067
William Guthrie, born 1878. Mary Ellen Guthrie, born 3/31/1876, Married James Clayborne Pillow on 4/1892, He died 11/18/1948. Martha Jane Guthrie, born 2/02/1874, Married to Julius Greenway, Dave Kincannon.
Have some of the decendants of the above. There are suppose to be more siblings but I haven't anymore. By word of mouth there was suppose to be about 12 of the siblings. Have a picture of Henry Lee and John Thomas when they were 1 year and 2 years - just guessing their age.

Gurthie/Pillow

Posted: 14 Jun 2000 9:44AM GMT
Edited: 9 Apr 2005 11:33AM GMT
Surnames: Gurthre, Pillow
Betty, please contact Tracy Guthrie Moreau , as Tracy has been searching for this answer since 6/08/99.Guthrie kids adopted by Pillow fam1880s?
Posted by: Tracy Guthrie Moreau
Date: June 08, 1999 at 10:20:42

of 163

Anyone know of a Pillow family taking in orphans around the 1880s? My great great grandfather
Henry Lee Guthrie was one of these children. Also his sister Mary Ellen Guthrie who married James
Clayborne Pillow in 1892. So far, I can not find them on census living with anyone. But according
to my grandfather, Henry and his siblings lived in Arkansas all of thier lives. I need to verify this
story and also try and find information on the parents of these children: Possibly John Guthrie and
Martha White.

Please keep me informed.

Re: Samuel Guthrie (etc.)

Posted: 31 Mar 2004 2:39AM GMT
Edited: 9 Apr 2005 11:34AM GMT
Surnames: Guthrie
Hi Betty!

I am doing research on the same line. From what it sounds like I have as much info as you do, but was curious if you could send me a copy of Henry Lee's picture. I will be willing to pay postage, or you can send it by email if you have a scanner.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks much!

Caitlyn Smith

Re: Samuel Guthrie (etc.)

Posted: 8 Apr 2005 3:18AM GMT
Edited: 9 Apr 2005 11:35AM GMT
Surnames: Gurthrie, Ross, Kincannon
do you have any information on dave kincannon my great grandfather was a dave kincannon married to flors ross first time had children named paul,lonnie,elsie,lorene and some i dont know would love to find out more dave born in tenn.died in 1950 maybe ark,mo
janithkd@prodigy.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions