Search for content in message boards

HEISER/HEUSER LACKAWANNA& LUZERNE CTYS, PA.

HEISER/HEUSER LACKAWANNA& LUZERNE CTYS, PA.

Posted: 28 Oct 2001 5:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HEISER/HEUSER
I am searching for my grandfather, ALBERT FRED HEISER and family, b 5 April 1893 in Taylor, Pa. He was baptised 13 Aug 1893 in Rendham Pa. as ALBERT FRED HEUSER. Albert married his second wife, my grandmother, Margaret Eldredge DAWSON on 16 May 1923 @ Clark's Summit, Pa. Together they had one son, my father (living) on 28 April 1925. Parents of Albert were HARRY HEISER(HEUSER) and Catherine CAREY. Siblings of Albert were Raymond, Winfred (sp?), Clarence, Herman, Gilbert and Margaretta. The family may have roots in the Philadelphia area. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Re: HEISER/HEUSER LACKAWANNA& LUZERNE CTYS, PA.

Posted: 9 Apr 2009 3:41AM GMT
Surnames: Heiser, Carey
I am the granddaughter of Ray (I dont have his name as Raymond) Henry Heiser. I live in Colorado Springs, CO and have b/d death dates of the famly if you need them. I would be glad to send you what I have and would appreciate any ancestor info you may have. I have some information back to Phillip Heuser in the mid 1800s.

My father was Ray Heiser's son, Clarence William (b Apr 19, 1922 in PA, d Oct 10, 2002 in Modesto, California. My father had a sister who died in infancy and another sister, Rae Dorothy who died March 30, 1988 in Scranton. (She was a nurse, never married, and lived in Clarks Summit)

It is wonderful to find someone searching the Heiser line.
I know your posting is from 2001, but would love to hear from you.

Susan Leavitt
sleavitt@ppld.org

Posted: 7 Sep 2010 8:06PM GMT
My grandparents were William and Ella Heiser and lived in Taylor, PA. My great grandparents were Philip Heiser (Heuser) and Katherine Eldgrige Heiser. I am not familiar with the names you mentioned but I know there was another Heiser family in Taylor. Maybe they were related by a earlier generation.

Our family was active in the Stewart Memorial Church in Rendham. Is that the church where your grandfather was baptised? I think my mother and aunts were baptised in that church in the early 1900s.

Posted: 7 Sep 2010 8:12PM GMT
I note that you have information back to Philip Heuser. He was my great grandfather - would appreciate what information you might have. The info I have is that he was born in 1840. His wife was Katherine Eldgridge. Is this the same Philip?
Would love to hear from you to compare. Thanks.
Marilyn Koeller

Posted: 9 Sep 2010 5:16PM GMT
Surnames: Heuser, Heiser
I believe we are talking about the same Philip. According to my Aunt Rae (now deceased) Philip married Catherine Elrich (I see you have the name as Katherine Eldgridge) and had 10 children but only 6 survived. My line is through their son Henry "Harry" J. Heuser/Heiser. Their other children were William (your ancestor?), twins Emma and Ella, Elizabeth, and Frederick. Do you have any information on the 4 children who died? at birth? early childhood? anything would be helpful. Thanks. Susan Heiser Leavitt
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions