Search for content in message boards

William Hines -KY, VA

William Hines -KY, VA

D Hines (View posts)
Posted: 8 Nov 1999 1:00PM GMT
Looking for parents of William Hines b. 12/25/1789 d. 10/15/1865 and wed Barbara Baugh. Lived in Pulaski Co. KY and had approx. 9 children. Have descendants, need ancestors if anyone knows anything about him. Thanks. Deb

Benjamin F. Hines

Posted: 10 Nov 1999 6:43PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jul 2001 4:00AM GMT
I am looking for info on Benjamin F. Hines from Kentucky. He is my ggrandfather. I do not know his birth and dates of death. I would guess around 1845 to 1855. My grandfather's birthdate was 1888. He moved to Gallatin, MO (Davies or Clay Counties) sometime before 1888. Does this info look familiar to you. Sorry do not have county or city in Kentucky. Maybe you can help.

Benjamin Hines KY

Debbie Hines (View posts)
Posted: 11 Nov 1999 12:06PM GMT
The only Benjamin I have is on my Dad's side, which is a different set of Hines as my Husbands. I do know that Stephen Hines b. ca 1796 d. 9/28/1850 wed Sarah Reece in Wayne Co. KY 10/29/1813 and had ch: Samuel b. 1/13/1823, d. 2/23/1880; Joel H. ca 1827; John R. ca 1832; Stephen Jr. 4/18/1834; James b. 7/24/1836; and Benjamin b. 6/14/1839. Stephen's father was Joseph Hinds, grandfather Joseph Hinds, and Ggrandfather a Joseph Hines, then James, James, James II, and James I. I have more on ancestors if you think this is your line. My line goes from Stephen's son Samuel who wed Jane Waddle. they also had a son Ben b. 6/1873. Hope something helps. Deb

Benjamin Hines KY

Posted: 14 Nov 1999 6:16PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jul 2001 4:00AM GMT
My ggrandfather Benjamin F. Hines left KY moved to Missouri (Daviess County). I am pretty sure this was prior to 1882. Records show Benjamin Franklin Hines. His wife was Mary Melissa Foxworthy. Death Certificate for Harry M. Hines (my grandfather) says Benjamin F. Hines and Mary Foxworthy. Mary being from Indiana. I am pretty sure they are the same. Same county, same names, same time period.
Do you have any information of Benjamin Hines in your family moving to Galleton (Daviess) Missouri?

Hines

Carolyn (View posts)
Posted: 19 Nov 1999 6:57AM GMT
Hi Gary:
found your query about Benjamin Hines, I have a Benjamin Hines in my Hines line, he was born 4-11-1843 Gallatin, Mo, d 12-02-1910 Cassville, Mo. Does any of this match to what you have on yours?
Carolyn.

Hines in Pulaski Co. Ky

Ed Sandy Vicars (View posts)
Posted: 4 Dec 1999 8:16PM GMT
hello again!
I show a F. William Hines consenting to some marriages in Pulaski Co. He consented for Cathrine Hines to Marry Peter Burger in 1824...for Nancy to marry Solomon Young in 1835 (also a John Hines witnessing???)... for Sarah Hines to George Lay in 1850...actuallly Henderson Hines signed saying that F. Wm Hines consented... maybe you could search one of these lines to see if someone else has stumbled onto the info???
now your turn...hahaha
Stephen Hines 1st shows up in 1840 Pulaski County Ky. Cenus with his wife Sarah Reece and his 6 boys. He is my wife's ggg grandfather. We were told he came from New York area but have nothing to confirm this???
Any clues???
Ed Vicars svev@prodigy.net

HINES, Stephen and William HINDS

Debbie Hines (View posts)
Posted: 6 Dec 1999 1:15PM GMT
Stephen Hines who wed Sarah Reece is the son of Joseph Hinds of Wayne Co. KY who wed Margaret ?, son of Joseph Hinds/Hannah Grider of Wayne Co. KY. Also info on this family in Knox TN, and Morris Co. NJ. lived in Hinds Valley in Cumberland, TN at one time, according to church records.
My William Hinds who wed Barbara Baugh, b. 8/25/1789 is, according to records on Church of Latter Day Saints it records my William as a son of Joseph Hinds and Hannah Grider, grandparents of the Stephen and Sarah Reece.
I can't find any cooroborating info on this. no marriage record, info in Joseph Hinds will, (lists children but not William). Still searching for this info. My William also had a Stephen Hinds who wed a Sarah Wooldridge. This causes some confusion if you are not sure of your dates when looking at the two Stephens. I have Stephen and Sarah Reece info back several generations. Can send.

Re: Benjamin Hines KY

Posted: 30 Jan 2005 8:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hines
Hi Gary: This is NOT my genealogy but may help someone.
Died Monday April 18 1892 Mrs Hines. Beloved wife og B.F.Hines
aged 41 years Cassville, Barry co,MO. See this @
http://www.rootsweb.com/%7Emobarry/data/scans/4-19-1892CRepu...
main site is
http://www.rootsweb.com/%7Emobarry/data/index.htm
Good Luck

Re: William Hines -KY, VA

Posted: 18 Jun 2006 5:22PM GMT
Surnames: Hines, Wesley,Baugh
I realize it's been a while since this was posted but was wondering if you had any information on William Hines who married Lydia Wesley around 1844 in Pulaski County, Kentucky. I think! Could have been Casey County, I guess. I also think William was the won of William Hines and Barbara Baugh. I'm trying to find out what happened to William and Lydia..children, when and where died, etc. Thanks.

Re: William Hines -KY, VA

Posted: 16 Jul 2008 10:30PM GMT
Surnames: Coleman, Hines
I am looking for a William Hines, born somewhere in KY circa 1820. I have been unable to locate him in the 1880 census in Louisville area where it has been said he lived at the time (or anywhere else in KY in 1880). He died in MO. He had a daughter Catherine (Kate) who married George L. Coleman, not sure where, except that they lived in Camden County, MO, where he died. Could he be a descendant of your William Hines in Pulaski Co.? There seems to be a lot of Hines in that area. Thank you.
Cris Coleman
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions