Search for content in message boards

McCarthy's Inchigeelagh

McCarthy's Inchigeelagh

Kathleen Brunelle (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2000 2:14PM GMT
Does anyone have McCarthy ancestors from Inchigeelagh Parish? Are there any McCarthy's out there who are a part of the parish (or who live in the vicinity): Dunmanway, Shanacrane, Togher. Perhaps we have a connection. Thanks. Kathy Brunelle

mccarthy/daugherty

christine (View posts)
Posted: 10 Feb 2000 7:23AM GMT
Hi. I read your message and got excited. Are you sure the Dougherty is spelt correctly? Because I have the name spelt with an "A"

My mom was a McCarthy at birth and her father was Thomas, mom was Barbara. I have a Dennis Francis Mccarthy (he changed his name to Daniel because he did not like "Dennis"). You can email me at: christine.farnam@honeywell.com

Owen McCarthy

Posted: 17 May 2000 8:59PM GMT
Edited: 27 Oct 2001 1:27AM GMT
Born County Cork,Ireland 1829.Married Mary McCarthy 4th of Mar. 1851.her maiden name was also McCarthy. Owen came to the USA ,possiblyin 1851 and settled in Hanover,N.H.,and raised several children.He died 08 Sept 1886,his wife Mary died 2 dec 1873. I would like to know the following.What town was Owen and Mary born,also where married. When they both came to USA. Any help would be appreciated.

Daugherty Doughenty

Posted: 24 Sep 2000 9:57PM GMT
Edited: 22 Sep 2002 3:48AM GMT
i have a david Douhgenty or Daugherty i have several spelling of the name have a Dennis Daugherty could ther be aconnection Email me pmaddox@entercomp.com

McCarthy/Mahoney

Posted: 17 Oct 2000 2:49AM GMT
Edited: 16 May 2002 4:08AM GMT
I'm researching James McCarthy who married Ellen Mahoney about 1831. It hasn't been confirmed yet but I believe they married in the Inchigeelagh Parish

Dougherty/Daugherty/Doherty McCarthy

katie Doherty (View posts)
Posted: 20 Nov 2000 7:32AM GMT
hi-
My grandfather Patrick Doherty/Dougherty/O'Doherty had a sister named Margret(aka) who married a Patrick McCarthy. Margaret was born 1890's. I don't know too much ... but Margaret and Partick MCCarthy married in NY- and are buried in Gate of Heaven Cemetery -Valhalla NY.. i too am looking for name links to build my family tree. It this doesn't help- also check the message boards- DOUGHERTY-DAUGHERTY-DOHERTY.
You're welcome to email me at ;
fiolar00 @ aol.com (the last two 00's at the end of "fiolar" are zero's - not letters.
Good luck. I'm hoping somewhere our tree meets..... Katie

Re: McCarthy's Inchigeelagh

Posted: 11 Aug 2001 3:06AM GMT
Edited: 4 Aug 2002 8:48PM GMT
Surnames: McCarthy, Hurley
I cannot determine my origins for my McCarthy ancestors. Perhaps your research has overlapped with mine. My ancestor is Dennis McCarthy (b approx 1810), had Patrick, Thomas, Margaret in the 1840's somewhere in Ireland. They emigrated to Canada with Dennis widowed. Any ideas?

Thx John Park

Posted: 19 May 2002 1:54AM GMT
Dear Kathy,

Hi - my great-grandfather was Jeremiah McCarthy born in
1873 in Tullough, Inchigeelagh. His parents were Charles
McCarthy & Juliana Lanktree (or Lantry). His brothers &
sisters were: Margaret, Mary Anne, Julia, John, Charles,
Elizabeth, Ellen, Catherine, James & Eugene. Charles
McCarthy was born in 1840 to Jeremiah McCarthy & Margaret
Tyner in Shiplough, Dunmanway. Charles "married into" the
farm in Tullough, which had been the property of his father-
in-law, Thomas Lanktree. The farm is still in my family. I
have reconnected with both my McCarthy & O'Leary families
in Inchigeelagh & have so far met 58 cousins. I am going to
Ireland on May 23rd. Let me know if I can do anything for
you while I'm there.

Regards,
Kathleen

Posted: 27 Jul 2011 3:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
We have a McCarthy-Hurley marriage. Thomas McCarthy (b. 1867), son of Daniel McCarthy and Nora Coughlin, emigrates from Kinsale, County Cork to NYC in 1888. He later marries Mary Elizabeth (Lizzie)Hurley who came to NYC in 1890 from Kinsale. Lizzie was the daughter of Mary O'Grady and Lawrence Hurley. Could there be family connections?

Posted: 27 Oct 2012 3:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have relations from Inchigeelagh, G Grandfthr Dennis McCarthy son of Owen & Hannah (Toomey) born abt 1885 diEd May 1964.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic