Search for content in message boards

Wynne's of Castlecomer

Wynne's of Castlecomer

Donna Wynne (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wynne, Wynn, Winn, Benn
William Wynne b:1769 in Castlecomer married Mary Benn B: 1776 Castlecomer m: 1796 also Castlecomer. Went to Ontario, Canada 1818, settled in the Smiths Falls area outside of Ottawa. Does anyone have any information from Ireland. They were supposed to have been on the ship Ashionac and arrived 6-1-1818. Thank you, Donna Wynne

Re: Wynne's of Castlecomer

Posted: 13 Jul 2003 3:48PM GMT
Edited: 23 Nov 2003 3:19PM GMT
Surnames: Wynne, Styles, Poole.
In my family tree I have a John Wynn (1776-April 8, 1847) who married Mary Styles 1780 (April 8, 1847). They came from Kilkenny to Prospect Ontario. They had 7 children between 1800-1810 - Wiiliam, Ann, Catharine, John, Mary, Jane and Edward. John Wynn Jr married Isabella Poole, a sister of my gggrandmother Sarah Poole Roe. Any connections here?

Donna Wynne (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jul 2003 7:43PM GMT
Surnames: Wynne
John is William's brother. They are supposed to have come from Ireland in 1818. At least William did. I think John came a little later. his first wife died before they came to Canada. I have their marriage date as 1800, in Canada. Does this agree with your records? I have been trying to get back from John & William in Ireland, but no luck so far. I don't know their parents names. I do know that William married Mary Benn in St.Anne's in Dublin, Ireland. in 1796. Their children were, Edward, William, Anne, John, James, Michael and Jane. We are related through Edward.

I would like to correspond more if this sounds like your family connection.
Hope to hear from you. Donna

Posted: 1 Oct 2004 8:00PM GMT
Wynne's Hotel became Dooley's Hotel, then Coogan's Pub and is now THE LIME TREE restaurant which is owned by Meally's Auctioneers. hope this helps ?

Posted: 29 Aug 2011 2:25AM GMT
This is Tammy and I am looking for a John William Wynne married to a Mary Styles from Castlecomer b1769 - he would be a 4th great grandparent to my husband. We have A Wynne from Canada who married Hugh Black and I found the name in my mother in law's research on the Black Family from Canada and Michigan.

Posted: 17 Aug 2013 6:17PM GMT
Surnames: WYNNE
I'm working on this same Wynne line. I haven't been able to connect them back to Ireland either. Do you have any new info to share since this post? Would love to share info about my husband's Wynne ancestors. Thanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic