Search for content in message boards

pearl bither

pearl bither

Posted: 23 Jul 2013 10:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jul 2013 10:21PM GMT
Surnames: bither,kinkade
i am looking for any information on my gr, grandmother pearl (bither)kinkade and my great grandfather charles kinkade they were from the hodgdon maine area i believe they had 4 children willa, kathryn, harold,lydia if anyone has any information and would like to share it would be greatly appreciated thank you jeanne parks

Re: pearl bither, MAINE

Posted: 28 Jul 2013 7:53AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: BITHER, KINKADE
Name: Pearl H Bither
Birth Date: abt 1882
TO
Spouse: Chas M Kinkade
Spouse Age: 28
Marriage Date: 15 Apr 1908
Marriage Place: Hodgdon
Registration Place: Linneus, Aroostook, Maine, USA
Father: Major BITHER DECEASED
Mother: Lydia A BITHER OF LINNEUS
Spouse Father: James KINKADE - RESIDENCE N.B. BORN IRELAND
Spouse Mother: Phebe BRIGGS LIVING N.B. BORN N.B

Name: Pearl H Bither
[Pearl H Bick]
Birth Date: Jan 1882
Birthplace: Maine
Home in 1900: Linneus, Aroostook, Maine
Race: White
Relation to Head of House: Daughter
Marital Status: Single
Father's Birthplace: Maine
Mother's Name: Lydia J Bither
Mother's Birthplace: Maine
+
Lydia J Bither 55
Rutherford H Bither 22
Frank L Bither 15
Fay Bither 3

Charles Kincaid 43 BORN CANADA
Pearl Kincaid 37
Willa Kincaid 9
Harold Kincaid 6
Hodgdon, Aroostook, Maine

Pearl Kincaid 48 WIDOW
Willa Kincaid 19
Harold Kincaid 16
Kathryn Kincaid 9
Lydia Kincaid 5
Hodgdon, Aroostook, Maine

Re: pearl bither, MAINE

Posted: 30 Jul 2013 2:42AM GMT
Surnames: bither,kinkade,hutchison
thank you so much are u related?

Re: pearl bither

Posted: 14 Oct 2013 11:42PM GMT
US Census records from 1930 and 1940 suggest that after Pearl was widowed, she may have kept foster children. At least, both censuses state she had "boarders" during these years, generally young people 18 years of age or under. Both these censuses show that Clyde Davenport was a boarder with Pearl Kincaid. The same children you list, Willa, Kathryn, Harold and Lydia were also living in the home along with other young boarders. I am interested in Clyde Davenport, my children's paternal grandfather, who was reportedly an orphan. I can find no information on his possible blood family ties, if any is even out there. I wonder if any of Pearl's children are still alive and might be able to share with me what they remember of Clyde Davenport. He lived with the family for over ten years so perhaps something is known. Please respond and I will send you my email. Thanks...

Posted: 15 Oct 2013 5:24PM GMT
yes please send me your email address it would be alot easier to get ahold of you lol it just took me friggin 15min to try and send you back another message i do see where clyde did live with my gr grandparents in 1930 he was 6 im sure you already knew that tho lol i just wanted make sure we had the rite pearl looks like she had two other children at the same time that she took in have you tried finding them by chance? jeanne

Posted: 31 Oct 2013 3:02AM GMT
Surnames: Bither, Kinkade
Hi, Jeanne,

You can see what I have on Pearl Bither and Charles Kinkade at

http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=REG&d...

David James

Here is a report on their children:

1. Pearl H. BITHER (Major W. BITHER4, William D. BITHER3, Benjamin BITHER2, Peter BITHER1) was born Jan 1882 in Linneus, Aroostook, ME, and died 8 May 1963 in Island Falls, Aroostook, ME. She married Charles Medley KINKADE 15 Apr 1908 in Hodgdon, Aroostook, ME, son of James KINKADE and Phebe. He was born 13 Apr 1876 in Gagetown, Queens, NB, and died Bef 1 Apr 1930.

Children of Pearl H. BITHER and Charles Medley KINKADE are:

2 i. Frank KINKADE was born 6 Feb 1909 in Hodgdon, Aroostook, ME, and died 9 Apr 1909 in Hodgdon, Aroostook, ME.
3 ii. Willa May KINKADE was born 14 Aug 1910 in Hodgdon, Aroostook, ME, and died 28 Sep 1992 in West Palm Beach, Palm Beach, FL. She married Harvard N. GILLEY 3 Jun 1940, son of Andrew L. GILLEY and Rhoda L. MOULDEN. He was born 3 Jun 1915 in Southwest Harbor [Tremont], Hancock, ME, and died 3 May 2006 in West Palm Beach, Palm Beach, FL.
4 iii. Harold Gordon KINKADE was born 25 May 1913 in Hodgdon, Aroostook, ME, and died 15 Nov 1992 in Houlton, Aroostook, ME. He married Cora May JOHNSTON 28 Dec 1939, daughter of Edward Winslow JOHNSTON and Emma Adeline BRAGDON. She was born 31 Aug 1916 in Newburg, Carleton, NB, and died 23 Jun 1984 in Portland, Cumberland, ME.
5 iv. Phebe Kathryn KINKADE was born 22 Sep 1920 in Hodgdon, Aroostook, ME, and died 17 Dec 1991 in Houlton, Aroostook, ME. She married Theodore Richard GARDINER 7 Apr 1942, son of James B. GARDINER and Astrid CARSTENSEN. He was born 6 Jul 1920 in Island Falls, Aroostook, ME, and died 22 Jan 2000 in Houlton, Aroostook, ME.
6 v. Lydia K. KINKADE was born 9 Mar 1925 in Hodgdon, Aroostook, ME, and died 7 Aug 1996 in Houlton, Aroostook, ME. She married Asael Millen LOGAN 23 Jun 1956, son of Walter E. LOGAN and Gertrude L. NILES. He was born 15 Feb 1917 in Houlton, Aroostook, ME, and died 20 Oct 1985 in Monticello, Aroostook, ME.

Posted: 4 Nov 2013 3:14AM GMT
thank you so much for that i greatly appreciate u taking the time to do this :) jeanne
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions