Search for content in message boards

joe cagle family still in haywood obit

joe cagle family still in haywood obit

Posted: 18 Sep 2005 10:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
hi .

could anyone get an obit for joe (joseph cagle) who died in canton april 1 1995

does anyone know how to contact any family members still livng in haywood county..
thanks in advance

penny

Re: joe cagle family still in haywood obit

Posted: 13 Aug 2010 4:47PM GMT
In Wednesday, April 5th, 1995 edition of The Mountaineer

Joseph Cagle
Retired Champion Employee

Canton - Joseph Cagle, 100, of 75 Academy Street died Saturday April 1 at Haywood County Hospital.

A native of Newport, TN, he has resided in Canton most of his life.
He retired from Champion International and was a Champion Old Timer. A veteran of the U.S. Army, he served in WWI, beginning his training in the Calvalry and later served in Battalion C. 317th Field Artillery. He served in France fighting in a number of major battles including The Battle of Amiens. He was honored in 1994 with a World War 1 Commemoration Medal authorized by President Bill Clinton.

He was a member of the Canton Freewill Baptist Church. He was the son of the late Jess and Nancy Ford Cagle and was preceded in death by his wife Lura Lunsford Cagle who died in 1976.

Surviving are two daughters Belva Cothran and Joan Cagle, both of Canton, four sons, Gentry W. and Curmitt L. Cagle both of Canton, Dewitt Cagle of Portland, Ore and Rick Cagle of Penesacola, Fl; 15 grandchildren, 22 great-grandchildren and 1 great-great grandchild.
Private services were held @ 2 P.M. Tuesday at the Crawford/Ray Funeral Home. The Rev. William Snyder officiated. Burial was in Crawford/Ray Memorial Gardens,, Clyde.

I found the phone number for his daughter Belva Cothren, it is 828-648-1641. If his other daughter Joan moved to Waynesville,, her number is 828-456-7929. Curmitt's number is 828-456-4856.

Posted: 14 Aug 2010 6:06AM GMT
thank you so much.if i can return the favor i will

thank you

Posted: 14 Aug 2010 10:16AM GMT
You're welcome. I enjoy the easy look-ups. Hope you have a great day.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions