Search for content in message boards

Headstone Inscription,needed! Roselawn Cemetry,Belfast..please!...to trace Paternal Grandfather!

Headstone Inscription,needed! Roselawn Cemetry,Belfast..please!...to trace Paternal Grandfather!

Posted: 2 Jun 2012 9:15PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Ireland
hi there

sorry if i am posting, in the wrong place, i have really have hit a brick wall, in fact i havent had much luck at all, in tracing my paternal grandfather!

i know, he was born Belfast, and that he is Buried in Roselawn Cemetry, (although i cant find him on the belfastcity site), but believe this is only partial!

his Surname is Ireland, and on my nan's(his first wife) marriage certificate, his first name is John, its thought he was born around 1920-1930, in Belfast, was in the British navy, he returned to Ireland, when his children(my father) were young, and re-married, with more children!......i have definate information, that he is buried in Roselawn Cemetry, and died around 1970-1980, aged about 50,......if anyone has any access, to the records, or headstones inscriptions, i would be eternally grateful.......i have been trying to trace him, for sometime now, without any success!!..i had e-mailed Belfast City Council, for information,..but never recieved a reply!!!
many many thanks
Gina

Re: Headstone Inscription,needed! Roselawn Cemetry,Belfast..please!...to trace Paternal Grandfather!

Posted: 2 Jun 2012 9:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
hi
Just found out, that infact my grandfather was Cremated, and his ashes, are at Roselawn Cemetry,...if anyone can help!!
Gina

Re: Headstone Inscription,needed! Roselawn Cemetry,Belfast..please!...to trace Paternal Grandfather!

Posted: 3 Jun 2012 10:11PM GMT
Hi Gina

The crematorium's contact details are:

028 9044 8342 or email crematorium@belfastcity.gov.uk

If you can't get a reply from them (closed Mon & Tue 4&5th) contact me directly and I will visit them during the school holidays.

Jayne

Posted: 6 Jun 2012 10:19PM GMT
if you ring 028 90448342 or e-mail:crematorium@belfastcity.gov.uk they should be able to help you if he was cremated.
Enquiries:Mon to Fri 9am to 4pm
Sat 9am to 12pm
Sun 2pm to 4pm
I hope this is helpful and you find what you are looking for. Helen

Posted: 8 Jun 2012 12:53PM GMT
Thank-you very much for your replies!
i have now made a phone call, and i am awaiting a call back!!

Thank-you very much for the reply, of an offer, to look-up my request,.....thanks again
gina

Posted: 10 Jun 2012 10:16AM GMT
Thank you for your help!

now completed!,..i have the info i needed!
Gina

Posted: 4 Dec 2012 7:35PM GMT
Hi Gina

Have only saw your postings and wondered if you would like a photo of your grandfathers resting place. If so did the cemetery give you the section and grave/tree number. I go every week to my fathers grave

Regards
Helena
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions