Search for content in message boards

Obit lookup

Obit lookup

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 11:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Newman/Nyman
I am looking for an obituary for Anna Newman (may be Nyman), who died on the 19th of February, 1935. In particular, I am looking for the names of the children.

Thank you

Karen

Re: Obit lookup

Posted: 30 Nov 2012 12:08AM GMT
She is not in tthe NYC death index...........How old was she when she died..........Have you looked at census records ?? and who was she married to ??

I am looking for an obituary for Anna Newman (may be Nyman), who died on the 19th of February, 1935. In particular, I am looking for the names of the children.

Posted: 30 Nov 2012 12:34PM GMT
I have her death place as Brooklyn, Kings County, New York. Her husband's name was Andrew. The 1930 census shows her living in Brooklyn on 86th Street. Her husband was still alive at the time also, but I have no idea when he died. She was 53 at the time of her death.

Posted: 30 Nov 2012 1:57PM GMT
Karen,

The 1930 census shows two children:

William (born abt 1910)
Henry (born abt 1913)

The NY 1925 census shows in addition to the above:
Anna born abt 1906
Walter born abt 1907

in the 1920 Census her husband is listed as Gustave (seems to be the same person as Andrew)

The NYC death index shows a "Anna Newman" different date

Name: Newman Anna
Age 53 y
Date: Feb 10 1935
Certificate number: 3397
County of death: Kings

Andrew is still living with the younger sons on 85th Street in the 1940 census - http://interactive.ancestry.com/2442/m-t0627-02575-00136/535...

In regard to Anna's obit - please try www.fultonhistory.com or write to the Brooklyn Library - http://www.brooklynpubliclibrary.org/locations/central

Good luck,
Stacey

Posted: 30 Nov 2012 2:43PM GMT
Thank you for the information. Andrew was originally Anders Gustave, they both came from the Ostrobothnia area of Finland. Anna Sophia was the sister of my great-grandfather.

Karen

Posted: 30 Nov 2012 5:30PM GMT
This is the obit posted for February 25, 1935...note husband is Adolph Newman...do you have the right information?

Found on Old NY Fulton Post Cards.
Attachments:

Posted: 30 Nov 2012 6:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Nov 2012 7:17PM GMT
The obit is for another woman with the same name who died the same month.

Posted: 30 Nov 2012 6:36PM GMT
You may have her death place as Brooklyn but where did you get it and the date ?? She is not losted..........What date do you have

I have her death place as Brooklyn, Kings County, New York. Her husband's name was Andrew. The 1930 census shows her living in Brooklyn on 86th Street. Her husband was still alive at the time also, but I have no idea when he died. She was 53 at the time of her death.

Posted: 30 Nov 2012 6:37PM GMT
You may have her death place as Brooklyn but where did you get it and the date ?? She is not losted..........What date do you have

Posted: 30 Nov 2012 6:43PM GMT
Edited: 30 Nov 2012 6:51PM GMT
Sometimes just googling a name and a date gives us all the answers - amazing. Please see - http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/d/i/l/Robert-R-Di...

It shows that the eldest son died on the same day as Anna - there must be a news article for this.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions