Search for content in message boards

Indian Descent

Indian Descent

Carolyn (View posts)
Posted: 30 Aug 2000 12:12PM GMT
I am looking for relatives of Great Grandmother, Cordelia Butler. I am not sure of her maiden name or if that was her maiden name. She was of indian descent. She had a sister named Rose. She was married to Chauncey Champion. Cordelia lived in Charles County, Maryland as far as I know. Not sure if she was born there. She had 2 daughters, Eva and Mary; and 4 boys, Daniel, Harvey, Benjamin and Shots (nickname - don't have given name). Eva married John Woods and Mary married Frank Williams. Any connections out there?

Butlers in Maryland

Tony Butler (View posts)
Posted: 28 Sep 2000 9:47PM GMT
Do you have any dates? There are several Butler families in Maryland, but they start from different times.

Butlers in Maryland

Carolyn (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 2000 7:17AM GMT
The only dates I have are for my grandmother, Eva, Cordelia's daughter. She died in 1963 and was probably in her late 50's or early 60's. So I would think that her mother may have died sometime in the late 1940's or early 1950's. I never met her, I only new my grandmother, Eva and the rest of her children. I hope you can do something with this. I will talk to my Mom tonight and see if she knows anymore than I put on the message board.

She did tell me that my great grandmother, Cordelia, was of Indian descent. I am not sure if she was born in Maryland or somewhere else and migrated to Maryland. Let me know as soon as you have some information. Thanks for the reply.

Butlers in Maryland

Carolyn (View posts)
Posted: 16 Oct 2000 8:51AM GMT
Haven't heard from you in a while. Do you have any new information? I certainly hope so because I have nothing at the moment.

Butlers in Maryland

Carolyn (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2000 9:53AM GMT
Looking for imformation on Noble Delocha Butler.Last address was in Temple Hills M.D.He was born Dec.5 1905 Died apr. 1982
Jil

Butlers in Maryland

Carolyn T. (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2000 9:59AM GMT
I don't have any concrete information except that my greatgrandmother was of Indian descent. My grandmother's name was Eva,her mother's name was Cordelia. The lived in Charles County, Maryland and Baltimore, Maryland. Cordelia had 2 girls and 3-4 boys. My grandmother, Eva, died in 1963, her husband's name was John Woods and he died about 5-7 years after her in Crownsville, Maryland. Not a lot I know, but its all I have right now.

Re: Indian Descent

Posted: 2 Aug 2001 10:39PM GMT
Edited: 1 Feb 2004 8:38PM GMT
What a coincidence, I am also looking for family of my grandmother, Cordelia Butler. But she lived in Arkansas. She was half Cherokee. Butler was her maiden name. She married my grand father Riley Shaddox. Bette
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions