Search for content in message boards

Viska/Vyska/Wishka and Falk

Viska/Vyska/Wishka and Falk

Posted: 30 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Jun 2004 10:34PM GMT
Surnames: Wishka, Viska, Vyska, Falk, Wanek, Chermak, Prausa, Bohmann, Yagle
Looking for descendants of Joseph Viska/Wishka (B: 28 Feb 1827) (Died 2 Dec 1905 Norman, Kewaunee, WI) and Josephine Falk (B: 1830). Children: Mary (B 1849)m: Jacob Wanek; Josephine (25 Mar 1850-13 Dec 1921) m: John Chermak; Joseph (B: 1856)m: Bohmilla Prausa on 12 Feb 1877 in Kewaunee, WI; Barbara (B: 1857) m: Joseph Bohmann; Anna (B: 19 Nov 1862) m: Joseph Yagle; and Frances (B: abt 1865) m: Jacob Kozina on 2 Jun 1885. OR looking for the village of any Viska/Wishka or Falk in the Czech Republic that may be a clue.

Wanek Family

Mark Wanek (View posts)
Posted: 25 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Wanek, Otradavec
Looking for relatives of Leo Wanek and Jessie Otradavec
Posted: 2 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jul 2001 5:37PM GMT
Surnames: Beck, Finsterwalder, Faulk
Hello, I was intrested when I saw the name Falk on your post. I am just starting to do some research on my family tree and I just know rough facts. I know my mothers side is from Bohemia.(Beck) But I am not sure where Faulk is from. When I try to look it up I never find a place of origin. Do you think perhaps it to is Bohemian. Maybe the name changed when it came to this country. Anything known would be really helpful. Thanks Christie

Jacob Kozina

Posted: 7 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jul 2001 3:23AM GMT
Surnames: KOZINA, KUNES, KUNESH, KRCH, KERCH, VALENTA, zDANOVEC, DOMAZLICE
Good Day Jerry,

In your letter, you mention a Jacob Kozina married Frances Wishka on June 2nd, 1885.

My g.g.g.grandfather Thomas Kozina had a son Jacob that would have been about 23 years old in 1885. This Kozina family lived near Stangelville and came from Tlumacov. Do you have any information that might verify that this is a connection? I have not had the opportunity to go to the Kewaunee Co courthouse to check this out.

If this is familar, then could you please let me know. My e-mail address is: wisstein@netnet.net.

Have a Good Day,

Jim Steinberger
Denmark, WI 54208

wishka/viska family

Posted: 3 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Dec 2002 4:36PM GMT
Surnames: bohmann
you have in your family the name 'josef bohmann' .
i look for descendents in usa. /wisconsin -
Josef Bohmann born 1882 in Neuprennet/Bohemia and he
immigredet 1890 - 1900, i don't know it exactly, to wisconsin.He died 1935. perhaps can i help you, or you can help me.
A nice day from Austria
Hermin Amon

Re: BECK in Bohemia

Posted: 12 Jul 2001 3:50PM GMT
Edited: 24 Aug 2008 1:27PM GMT
Surnames: Beck
Hello,
Do you have BECK in west Bohemia (around Domazlice)?

Helena
www.genealogy.com/users/k/m/o/Helena-Kmonicek

Re: BECK in Bohemia

Posted: 13 Jul 2001 5:40PM GMT
Not sure where in Bohemia. Trying to find information an a Rosa, Marie, Anna, or Adolf Frisch. Rosa Married a Beck All of these people are from Bohemia.

Re: Wanek Family

Posted: 17 Jul 2001 3:18AM GMT
Edited: 19 Mar 2005 10:39PM GMT
Surnames: WANEK, HRUSKA
Hi Mark,
Sure is fun to find a family member who is also researching genealogy. Acording to the information I have, we are second cousins. My Grandmother Frances Wanek Kafka and your Grandfather Leo Wanek were siblings. I haven't been at this very long and only have info going back to Joseph Wanek and Dora Kaiser from Bohemia. I am trying to find out more about them. I have recently had the opportunity to meet with cousin Shirley and hope to do so again. She told me that her brother Jerome is also researching family research. It would be great if we could share info that we find. I realize that your message was posted quite a while ago, I hope that you are still interested in genealogy. Gretchen

Re: Wanek Family

Mark Wanek (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jul 2001 1:18AM GMT
Surnames: Wanek
Gretchen,

I have not been doing much searching lately but if you send me any info that you have I will send you the family tree that I have started. Where do you live?

mark@lhinn.com

Re: Viska/Vyska/Wishka and Falk

Posted: 24 Aug 2001 4:35PM GMT
Surnames: Vyska
Working on tracking Vyska myself, thanks for the heads up on the potential variations.

My tracing so far has only led me back to Frank Vyska, born 1896. I am waiting for Social Security Info on him and will let you know what region he is from. Most os his descendants are MA residents.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic