Search for content in message boards

1975 Obit for Paul Press

1975 Obit for Paul Press

Posted: 26 Dec 2012 2:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Press
My grandfather passed away in January 1975. I've been searching for possible family members from his 2nd marriage but am unable to find an obituary or any other documentation on his life after 1940. I know he was a photographer and/or worked with film. He was born in 1905. If anyone might have additional information on this Paul Press it would be very much appreciated.

Re: 1975 Obit for Paul Press

Posted: 26 Dec 2012 5:34PM GMT
Hi, found, Paul Press, married Aug 31, 1929 in Manhattan to, Madelyn LaBrush. From N.Y.C. Grooms Index. Helen

Posted: 26 Dec 2012 5:35PM GMT
Hi, found, Paul Press, married Aug 31, 1929 in Manhattan to, Madelyn LaBrush. From N.Y.C. Grooms Index. Helen

Posted: 26 Dec 2012 6:38PM GMT
Yes, Madelyn was his first wife., my grandmother. They divorced early on and I believe he remarried. We have no information on him after about 1938 except the 1940 census. We are trying to trace other possible family members through his siblings or second marriage, or any information about his life after that time.

Posted: 27 Dec 2012 6:24PM GMT
Hi, I found a Max Press, 1940 census. Max is 63, his wife Rebecca is 60, their son Paul is 35. Address, 304 East 5th St. Mahattan. Is this your Paul?

Posted: 27 Dec 2012 7:33PM GMT
Yes thank you. That is the Paul I'm searching. This census is the last piece of information I am able to locate on him. I found a few Paul Press listings in city directories but they don't tell me much and I'm not even certain it is the same Paul, as the name was not uncommon. I do have the date of death as January 1975. This is confirmed. I was hoping to find an obit listing other relatives but have searched the archives and newspapers to the extent of my knowledge and do not find anything. I know he was a photographer employed at one time with Paramount News and we believe he may have photographed my grandmother for a toothpaste ad. Again, I find no data in my searches. Thank you for your interest and help.

Posted: 27 Dec 2012 8:52PM GMT
Hi, If you have his marriage c.to his first wife & it lists the house of worship on it maybe when he remarried it was at the same place. Worth a try. Helen

Posted: 27 Dec 2012 11:44PM GMT
I will look at that. Thank you. I remember it was the court house but will investigate more details.

Posted: 27 Dec 2012 11:49PM GMT
Hi, in 1930 they were living in hudson co. nj. Maybe they married in jersey. Most of us are in the same boat, all trial & error. Helen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions