Death

Re: Jean Baptiste Brevel and Anne of the Caddo

Tony L. Vets (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jan 2004 10:17AM GMT
Classification: Query
Debra
From "Natchitoches 1729-1803" by Mills:
#9 Jean Baptiste Brevel & Anne were married 27 July 1736

#41 Baptism of Anne, adult female indian of Jean Baptiste Brevel (16 Jun 1736)

#773 Burial of Jean Baptiste Brevel, a native of Paris, about seventy years (25 Jan 1754)

No death for Anne is listed since they were living in the Caddo nation. Jean Baptiste brought his children back to Natchitoches after her death and thier daughter married 18 Jun 1754. Entry #732 is her marriage and says her parents are both deceased.

Please let me know how you tie into this family, and possibly the first few generations. I may be able to supply you with more information.

Tony

Posted: 8 Jan 2004 10:52AM GMT
Edited: 17 May 2004 7:31AM GMT
Surnames: Brevel,Caddo,Grillet,Brossett,Morin,Medine,Delacerda,Rachal,LaCaze
Thank you Tony.
I have sent you a personal e-mail!

Brittaney (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jan 2004 3:54PM GMT
Jean Baptiste Brevel was born in 1686 in Paris, France and died on January 25, 1754 at the Natchitoches Post, Louisiana.

Marie Anne des Caddo as born in 1720 in the Caddo Territory (most likely somewhere in Louisiana) and died April 8, 1754 in Louisiana.

They were married on July 27, 1736 at the Natchitoches Post, Louisiana.

I know of two children by them:
Marie Louise Brevel and Jean Baptiste Brevel, Jr.

I hope this helps.

Posted: 23 Feb 2004 4:56PM GMT
Edited: 4 Nov 2006 3:11PM GMT
I have been trying to find a resource for tribal information about the indians of Central Louisiana. My family's
"collective memory" is that we are descended from French and American indian ancestry. I have been able to find a lot of information about my Meziere roots but little else. Can you help?

Tony L. Vets (View posts)
Posted: 24 Feb 2004 7:53AM GMT
Lynda
The only info I have on the tribes of Natchitoches comes from the Mills books. Mostly Cado and some Canneci and Chitimachan. As you know, pretty much every old family from Natchitoches is related somehow.
Tony

Posted: 24 Feb 2004 4:01PM GMT
Thank you, Tony, for your reply. I'll try some of the books you mentioned. Are they authored by Elizabeth or Gary?

Tony L. Ves (View posts)
Posted: 25 Feb 2004 6:02PM GMT
Elizabeth Shown Mills. There are three of them..."Natchitoches 1729-1803", "Natchitoches 1800-1826", "Natchitoches Church Marriages 1818-1850". Another good one is by Gary Mills, "The Forgotten People" which is more the story of the creols of color of Isle Brevelle. Alot on the Metoyers and alied families. Very informative.

Posted: 25 Feb 2004 6:10PM GMT
Thank you very much. I have "The Forgotten People" and agree with you as to its worth. My people are Conde, Meziere, Dauphin and Metoyer and it was thrilling to see their names in print. Good luck in your quest.

Posted: 4 Apr 2007 4:01PM GMT
Surnames: Lacaze
Hi. I have just recently began my family tree and discovered that Anne De Caddo was my 7x great grandmother. I am trying to find information regarding Alice LaCaze, my grandmother's mom. I noticed you had Lacaze listed as a surname for your family. Alice was born 8/8/1891 and died in Cloutierville 12/29/1976. She married John Delrie. She may have been orphaned at an early age, as the only census records I can find indicate she lived with other families/different last names. Any information you may have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic