Search for content in message boards

Obituary (unpublished) - Pickler, Richard Lynn

Obituary (unpublished) - Pickler, Richard Lynn

Posted: 14 Dec 2003 3:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Apr 2004 12:11AM GMT
Surnames: Pickler, Wilkes, Robbins, Curry
Richard "Dick" L. Pickler of Des Moines, Washington died Sunday, February 9, 2003 at Swedish-Providence Hospital in Seattle, Washington following a long illness. Services will be Saturday, February 15, 2003 in Arlington, Washington.

Richard was born July 16, 1941 in Cornucopia, Oregon to Edgar Leroy and Lois Margaret (McDowall) Pickler and grandson to Claude Leroy and Elsie (Robbins) Pickler, early pioneers of Halfway, Oregon and Marcus Eugene and Lola (Conquest) McDowall of Pocatello, Idaho.

Richard attended school in Portland, Oregon until 1956 when he moved with his father and sisters to Richland, Oregon where he attended and graduated from Richland High School in 1959. He attended Eastern Oregon University the following year.

Richard worked for two years as a city policeman in Baker City, Oregon, he worked with U.S. Forrest Service to build Fire Trails and thin timber stands. He worked with a pipe contractor in Idaho and Arizona to build sewer lines. He was working with a pipe contractor in Seattle when he became ill and retired.

Richard was married five times and the father of seven children, four daughters, Kim Kathleen Nache, Washington; Kari Lynn Hughes, Michigan; Kristen Kail Abasher, Washington; and Jessica Pickler, Washington; and three sons, Kimbol Ward, Idaho; Levi Pickler, Utah; and Casey Pickler, Washington and seven grandchildren Randy Nache, Chase Abasher, Taylor Czeck, Kimmy West, Ryenn Nache, Blake Abasher & Sam Hughes all of whom he greatly cherished in his heart..

Richard is survived by four sisters, Geri Rigby, Meriden, Idaho; Lois Black, Caldwell, Idaho; Patricia Byron, Nampa, Idaho, Babe Fain, Susanville, California; his children, grandchildren, nieces, and nephews.

Richard was preceded in death by a brother, Billy Leroy Pickler, a sister Ortha Royaline Pickler, his parents and grandparents.

Re: Obituary (unpublished) - Pickler, Richard Lynn

Posted: 14 Dec 2003 3:55PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 4 Apr 2004 12:11AM GMT
Surnames: Pickler, Wilkes, Robbins, Curry, McDowall, Conquest
Richard was cremated and his memorial services was held 15 February 2003 in Arlington, Washington. Preparation by Columbia Funeral Home, Seattle, Washington. A dinner followed the service at his daugter Kim Nache's home.

Patricia Byron submitted to the Boise Statesman. "Richard "Dick" L. Pickler of Des Moines, Washington died Sunday, February 9, 2003 at Swedish-Providence Hospital in Seattle, Washington. Services will be Saturday, February 15, 2003 in Arlington, Washington."

Kristen Kail Pickler Absher wrote this ulogy: My Father Richard Lynn Pickler was born on July 16th 1941 in Cornucopia, Oregon to Edgar Leroy Pickler & Lois Margaret McDowell.

He spent his childhood in Portland & Eagle Valley Oregon. He graduated from high school in 1959 in Richland Oregon & then attended Eastern Oregon College.

As an adult he lived for several years in Baker Oregon and worked in various jobs including a couple of years as a city policeman. He went on to work in construction & traveled around Oregon, Idaho & Washington.

My dad was an intelligent hard working man who excelled in his profession.

In his lifetime he was blessed with four sisters Peggy, Patty, Babe & Geri who loved him dearly. He was also blessed with four daughters, Kim, Kari, Kail & Jesse, three sons, Kim, Levi & Casey and seven grandchildren Randy, Chase, Taylor, Kimmy, Ryenn, Blake & Sam all of whom he greatly cherished in his heart.

In addition to family my dad made many friends throughout his lifetime who loved him for his generous, loyal and fun-loving spirit.

When I think of my father, I will always remember his tenderheartedness, his intelligence, his never-ending feelings of love for us, his generosity & his loyalty to support his father in the last years of his life.

Recently Cheryl, dad's wife shared a story with me that may be comforting. One night a few months ago dad woke from sleeping in tears. He said that his father had been there. Cheryl told dad that he had been dreaming. Dad insisted "NO this was NOT a dream. My father was here and he told me something. He told me that it was okay to come home.

Some may also take comfort in knowing that dad was recently visited by a Chaplain in the hospital. At this time he accepted Holy Communion and asked for forgiveness of his sins. With this in mind I would like to refer to a couple of scriptures in the Bible.

From John chapter 5 verse 24
"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.

And from 1st Thessalonians chapter 4 verses 13 & 14
"Brothers we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep or to grieve like the rest of men who have no hope. We believe that Jesus died & rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him"

And finally I'd like to end with a thought from the book "The Prophet"

For what is it to die but to stand naked in the wind and to melt in the sun?
And what is it to cease breathing but to free the breath from its restless tides,
That it may rise & expand and seek God unencumbered.
Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing.
And when you have reached the mountaintop, then you shall begin to climb
And when the earth shall claim your limbs shall you TRULY DANCE.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions