Search for content in message boards

Edward Cormac Walshe

Edward Cormac Walshe

bcherkowsky (View posts)
Posted: 3 Nov 2002 1:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Walshe, Coyne, Forrester, Bradley, Donohue, Manning
died childless and left an estate that my great aunts had to sell their interest in because of money (during the depression?) Curious to see if anyone has him in their line and what info you might have. I have the downline if you have the back line. <g> Thanks.

Re: Edward Cormac Walshe

Posted: 1 Oct 2009 11:13AM GMT
Surnames: cormac-walshe
Are you referring to Lt. Edward Cormac-Walshe from Castlehill, Co Mayo, Ireland who was killed early in WW1?

Posted: 1 Oct 2009 5:03PM GMT
Possibly- might be - His name and the reference to the estate is from a letter my great aunt or her mother wrote way before I was born and I'm 61. So he was a LT and killed in WWI eh?? That's a lead I can follow. Thank you.

Posted: 1 Oct 2009 9:23PM GMT
Hi I'm ken and I live about 20 miles from the Cormac- Walshe house, which is still inhabited .In fact it is now lived in by a brother of Mary Robinson the former president of Ireland who is from Ballina,
Edward Joseph, a lt. in the The Leinster Regiment, was in fact killed just two days before his brother Harry who was a captain in the artillery.
There was another brother who was killed in a car crash in the 1930's. There is a fourth brother and three sisters. One was married in Cork . The other was married but I would have to look up where and there is nothing on record that I can find about the third other than she was baptised..the family was Roman Catholic.
There is another family, Francis Cormac Walsh who lived in Dublin and had a daughter aged 5 in 1911. I am virtually positive he was a brother of Edward {father of Edward Joseph, and Harry) There is also a lady (she is Danish) who is trying to link her descent from the family and but I have not been able to contact her. What was you Great aunt's and your mother's name. I can check them against the family I think....this particular family is particularly well written up, and has a history that goes back back in fact to the 1600's I think.They were extremely wealthy in the 1800's,
Regards,
Ken.
p.s. If I get the energy I will tell you of my interest in the family ...it's a really unusual story.

Posted: 4 Nov 2010 11:52AM GMT
Classification: Military
Check Mayo Peace Park Castlebar Co Mayo to see if name is on Memorial

Posted: 4 Nov 2010 1:14PM GMT
Sorry - I've been taking care of family for the last year. I will come back this weekend and post the outline of who was whom - we call my Aunt Frances' letter the Begets and Begats list cause it listed EVERYONE and their children but not one stinking date. Thanks.

Beth

Posted: 6 Nov 2010 6:30PM GMT
Yes, the names of both Cormac-Walshe brothers are on the wall of the Mayo peace park

Posted: 23 Oct 2011 11:47PM GMT
Hi there. I am researching a family related to the Cormac Walshes. We might be able to fill in a few gaps between us. Please email me at gradoge@yahoo.ie so that we can do some collaboration. I would certainly love to know about you're interest in the family. Thanks. BP

Posted: 16 Nov 2011 5:55PM GMT
Surnames: Edward Cormac-Walshe.
Hi, My Grandfather was Francis Cormac-Walshe 2 of his brotheres were killed in the 1914/18 War, My Grandfather was killed in a motor accident in 1932, his other brother Jack was drowned of the CoAST OF NSW Stockton beach Australia in 1900 he was 18 years old. My Grandfather married Alice Redington they had 3 children Violet May my Mother May Kathleen (Kitsa) & Reggie,May Kathleen was either given away or sold to my Granny's sister Kathleen Hegel before she was 2 years old born in1909 not with them in the 1911 census (Dublin) where they were living May Kathleen (Kitsa) married Les baron Niels Knabbe Luel Brockdorff. I am reserching the Cormac-Walshes Anne Syers

Posted: 22 Nov 2011 7:40PM GMT
Surnames: Edward Cormac-Walshe
Hi,
I am away from home for the moment and using an internet cafe so I do not have the information I collected at hand.
As you are probably aware your two Grand! uncles who were killed in the war are extremely well documented with awards photographs etc.
Your family history is very well covered also in that it has a full chapter in Tony O Donoghue´s book on North Mayo.
I am not really family with the more modern aspect of the family although I have been in contact with Reggie´s grandchildren
per page

Find a board about a specific topic