Search for content in message boards

Ralph James Bushell Bible

Ralph James Bushell Bible

Posted: 16 Jul 2002 2:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Ralph James Bushell is my great uncle. His sister is my grandmother (Dorothy Bushell). Is there anyway I could get this Bible?

If you would be so kind as to respond.

Re: Ralph James Bushell Bible

Dianne Carlton (View posts)
Posted: 18 May 2004 7:52PM GMT
Surnames: Bushell Taylor
Ralph James Bushell born in Deluth Minn. in 1908 is my father. He married my mother in 1938, his second marriage. I have photos of Ralph, his father Roy and his mother Loretta Gertrude Taylor. Please contact me at the above address if interested. Dianne Bushell Carlton

Posted: 5 Aug 2008 1:29AM GMT
Hello,

My name is Terilyne Bushell-Marroquin. I am just starting to trace my ancestry on both my fathers side - Bushell and my mothers side - Engles
My Father is Ralph James Bushell Jr., Born in Eau Claire Wisconsin
His Father: Ralph James Bushell Sr., Born in Minnesota or Canada, he was also married to Charlotte, and later Juanita. My father said he could only remember one Uncle - Charles and two sisters Ida and Hazel.
My father's Mother: Gertrude King, Born in either Minnesota or Florida: Her brothers and sisters could be marjorie, Joe, Herold, Don, Royce.
My Fathers brothers and sisters are
Charles
George
Karen
Gertrude Cossette (possible)

Any additional info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Terilyne

Posted: 5 Aug 2008 2:10AM GMT
Hello out there...

My Name is Terilyne, Maiden name Bushell. I have a grandfather (deceased) Ralph James Bushell, and a father Ralph James Bushell Jr. Wondering if there is a connection.
I know my Father's mothers name was Gertrude King and that is mentioned in this bible..wondering where the bible is now and if this you are any relation or I am wrong track...Kind of new to this, but it is awfully fun.

Terilyne

Posted: 2 Sep 2008 3:35PM GMT
You have the right family - let me get my Bushell family info out, and I will get back with you. Do you have an e-mail address. Please respond to jrmtsilvereagle@sbcglobal.net.

Sorry for the delay - have been on vacation and not checking e-mails.

Thanks for your response.

Posted: 2 Sep 2008 6:37PM GMT
Hello Dianne,

So that means if this is the right Ralph James Bushell, you are my Aunt. That is wonderful. The only Aunt I ever knew was my Aunt Karen. I was close to her when I was younger, but lost touch as I entered Adulthood. I would be very interested in any info you have on the Bushell family. I had only gotten as far as Ralph Sr. and could not discover Sr.'s parentage.
Have you ever been in touch with Ralph Sr.'s other children? Ralph Jr. (my father), Karen? There was my Uncle Charlie and an Uncle George too. I think Uncle Charlie passed away about 3 years ago, but I don't know if Uncle George is alive or not.

I hope you do not mind the questions, I find this a facinating Hobby.

Terilyne

Posted: 2 Sep 2008 11:41PM GMT
Not an Aunt - none of Ralph Bushell Sr's. siblings are alive, but a cousin. I am showing that Ralph Sr's father is Roy James Bushell - so I am going back 1 more generation.

If you will please write to my e-mail address then we can communicate easier.

Thank you!

Posted: 10 Sep 2008 11:00PM GMT
Since I haven't heard from you I am assuming that you want to do this thru Ancestry and that is fine.

I have been in contact with your brother's half sister Diane, your grandfather's second wife, which was Bertha May Bateman. I don't think they had more than 1 child and according to her notes, her parents divorced and then Ralph Sr. remarried I believe your grandmother. Diane was born in Kalamazoo, Michigan and the last time I spoke with her she was living in Ohio. The Bushell family is my husband's family, but I have been part of it for so many years I am really part of it too.

As far as the Bushell Bible goes - I never heard a thing from that posting - so unsure where it went.

Your dad was right about Hazel being one of his aunt's, but she was a half sister to Ralph Sr. The other sister was Dorothy, not Ida. Dorothy is my husband's grandmother. There were 3 children in Ralph Sr.'s immediate family (not including half siblings) They are Ralph, Dorothy and Charles Reynold (they called him Renny). At the time of his death he lived in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

If you want to continue to correspond that would be great. I don't have much information on your dad's family and would really like to add it to mine. I have alot more info, but am unsure how much you want me to give you.

Thank you so much for writing earlier.

Mildie

Posted: 10 Sep 2008 11:21PM GMT
I think I sent this to myself.

Sorry

Posted: 10 Sep 2008 11:58PM GMT
Tried to respond to your email but it did not work. My email address is montereyoaks1@yahoo.com. Email me at that address and I will try again.

I will try to respond by friday, but I am real, real busy at work this week. My assistant is out until Thursday and maybe until next Monday which triples the amount of stuff I have to do and doesn't even allow for lunch.

Still kind of confused regarding the family connections, but I am sure that as we correspond it will get easier.

Not real familiar with this site yet, but I do have a family tree begun, but have not added Ralph Sr.s father, mother, brothers and sisters yet. I just got a laptop so I can begin doing this at home too, right now I do it sporadically at work, but need to get hooked up to the internet. As soon as I do I will provide you with that email address too.

I will get back at you as soon as I can.

Terilyne
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions