Search for content in message boards

Arthur Benoni Baker & May D. Davis

Arthur Benoni Baker & May D. Davis

Posted: 12 Mar 2009 12:24AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Baker, Davis
Is anyone familar with this man? He was born in July 1858 in NY and married May D. Davis on May 8, 1888 in Wakeeney, KS. They had 4 kids: Elizabeth, Ruth, Arthur and May.

His wife was a physician, born in 1866 in Ohio, he ended up as a zoologist in Washington DC. I am descended from her family and would like to learn more about this family and hopefully find descendants from this branch. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Re: Arthur Benoni Baker & May D. Davis

Posted: 12 Mar 2009 3:32AM GMT
Edited: 12 Mar 2009 4:23PM GMT
Surnames: Cope
Wow! What an interesting couple! I wish I did know of them, but don't have those names in my records. My grandmother and grandfather were born in that area about 10 years after this marriage, and their parents were in the area. If I come across those names I'll let you know.

Are you a Cope? I have Copes on the other side of the family, from KY.

Judy Huck Hinton

Re: Arthur Benoni Baker & May D. Davis

Posted: 12 Mar 2009 11:01PM GMT
Edited: 23 Mar 2009 6:24AM GMT
Surnames: Davis, Cope, Kopet
I was quite stunned about them myself. May has a sister, Carrie Chase Davis that was a doctor as well and a women's suffragist in OH too. Something else.

Unfortunately, no Copes. The original spelling of my surname was Kopet from Bohemia. They settled in MN and moved to WI.

I'd appreciate it if you could keep me in mind if you find anything. Thanks!

Jack
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions