Search for content in message boards

CROMER's of Manistee, MI

CROMER's of Manistee, MI

John Clarke (View posts)
Posted: 22 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CROMER, GROSVENOR
Seeking information on a William H. CROMER and Eliza A. GROSVENOR who lived in Manistee, MI during the time frame of ca. 1880 - at least the 1930's.
William H. CROMER was probably born in Shelby or Miami County, OH ca. 1858. Eliza A. GROSVENOR, the daughter of Hiram GROSVENOR and Armainta WHITNEY was born in 1858 in McLean TWP, Shelby County, OH. On 19 Dec 1880 she married William H. CROMER in Shelby County.
We know from the obituary of Eliza's eldest brother, Dr. Alvah W. GROSVENOR, of Sidney, Shelby County, OH that she was alive in 1932 because she attended his funeral in Sidney, OH. They have one known child, Floyd Francis CROMER.

No other information is known about this branch of the GROSVENOR Family and if you have any or you are related to these individuals - I would like to hear from you.
Thanks

Cromer's

Posted: 28 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Nov 2001 4:53AM GMT
Is your William H. Cromer related to Jesse Albert Cromer

Jesse Albert was born in Newport, Shelby County circa 1879
moved around quite a bit but just recently found him in Cass County Michigan cemetery buried behind his son James Cromer from St.Joesph, Berrien Co. MI

Re: CROMER's of Manistee, MI

Joanna Willoughby (View posts)
Posted: 25 Oct 2001 1:50PM GMT
Floyd Cromer was my great grandfather. One of his daughters is still alive, and possibly another one but I don't know where she lives. My parents have some old pictures of them.

Posted: 25 Oct 2001 2:23PM GMT
Edited: 8 Sep 2002 1:28AM GMT
Surnames: GROSVENOR, CROMER,.SULLENBERGER
My wife is the great grandaughter of Dr. Alvah W. GROSVENOR (1856-1932) of Sidney, Shelby County, OH -- the older brother of Floyd's mother, Eliza GROSVENOR. I have some information on William Harrison CROMER and Eliza GROSVENOR's children.
They had Floyd Francis CROMER (b. 4 May 1882), Grace CROMER (b. 14 Jul 1884), Elizabeth A. CROMER (17 Jul 1885) and a Clyde CROMER which I know nothing more about.
I know that Floyd married an Emma SULLENBERGER before 1910. I also have a few of their children, Harry, Leslie K., William David., Marion B. and Bessie Marie CROMER.
I would love to have a few more details on this family because we are having a problem tying down the name of this Eliza's grandmother, who we only know as Catharine M. GROSVENOR (1799-1883).
I can give you all of the details on this complete GROSVENOR family, otherwise..

Joanna Willoughby (View posts)
Posted: 25 Oct 2001 3:05PM GMT
I don't think you have the names of the children right. I've got a message in to my cousin who knows a lot more than I do. Marian was Leslie's wife. There is also Katherine and a Niva. I know there are others. I'll get back to you on that.

Posted: 1 Feb 2002 3:28AM GMT
Edited: 2 Feb 2002 3:50AM GMT
Surnames: Cromer & Kelly
I am looking for a Vivien Cromer, who´s brother´s name was Floyd Cromer. Vivien Cromer and John Kelly, had a child named Gladys Mae Kelly (Kitty Kelly), who was my Grandmother. Making Floyd and Vivien, my Great Uncle and Great Grandmother. Me, 1.being based in Europe "the old country", 2.adopted, 3.to find my biological Mother, also is coming from a broken home, I am looking for info on our roots.... Vivien and Floyd and their Parents, where they come from and when and to (& from) where, they immigrated to the States.And on Gladys Mae Kellys´, Father, John Kelly. He was supposed to have immigrated with his family @ the same time (on the same boat) with Vivien and Floyd. Please, e-mail any pertinent info you may have. Thank you, much, renee

Posted: 1 Feb 2002 4:36AM GMT
I do not know about a Vivian CROMER as being Floyd CROMER's sister. I have his siblings as being Floyd Franic CROMER born 4 May 1882, Grace CROMER born 17 Jul 1884, Elizabeth A. CROMER born 17 Jul 1885 and a Clyde CROMER born after 1885. This does not mean this information is accurate but it is from the CROMER family.

These were the children of William Harrison CROMER (1859-after 1937) and Elizabeth A. GROSVENOR (1857-after 1937)
Your Floyd and Vivian could have been a child of one of William Harrison CROMERS's siblings. I do not know how many of them went to Manistee, MI. When was your Vivian CROMER born and where?

I know that William Harrison CROMER had seven other siblings and they were the children of a Harrison CROMER and a Pheobe Ann GASKILL of Shelby County, OH.

As for when did they migrate to America -- before the Revolution. We know that William Harrison CROMERS's great-grandfather was Abraham CROMER born 1775 in VA.

My interest is only in the GROSVENOR family and Elizabeth A. GROSVENOR was my wife's great-grand aunt and younger sister of her great-grandfather, De. Alvah Whitney GROSVENOR (1856-1936) of Sidney, Shelby County, OH.

Ann Cromer (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2002 5:55AM GMT
Joanna,

Floyd Cromer was my husbands grandfather and his grandmother was Emma Sullenburger their children were Vivian Lucille married to N. Kelly and the to Joe Payne, William David, this was my husbands father married to Ruth, harry was married to ruby, Leslie was married to Marian and have a son named Dennis who still lives in Manistee, Grace who married Ernie Ake, Bessie who maried Hjalmer Wave, Catherine who was married to Kauskus and then Polarsky, Margie, husband name unkn had two daughters, she died in fire. Ethel married Bradshaw, Nyva married to Oulette, Ruthann died in infancy and another young son, name unkn died young of diptheria.

Who was your Grandmother and Grandfather and your mother and father, possibly my husband knew them. None of them came over on a ship. They were born here.

Ann Cromer

Joanna (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 2002 5:34AM GMT
Thank you for the information. Bessie was my grandmother, my father's mother. Aunt Katherine just died recently. I do not know if Renee, the other person asking for information is related at all. I really don't know that much. I have a lot of memories of Uncle Les and Aunt Marian in Manistee.

Joanna

Posted: 3 Feb 2002 2:32PM GMT
Why don't you send me a GEDCOM of this family and I can fill you in on the CROMERS and GROSVENORS. The information I had on this family is slightly different from this you stated here.
My wife. Gail Grosvenor CLARKE, is a great-granddaughter of Dr. Alvah W. GROSVENOR -- Elizabeth A. GROSVENOR's older brother. I also have, with a few exceptions, their GROSVENOR lineage back to John GROSVENOR the Immigrant if you want it. I can take the CROMERS back to VA but I do think there was some family connection to CROMERS in SC that I have not, yet, completely figured out.

My email address is john@outdoorwriter.com

per page

Find a board about a specific topic