Search for content in message boards

Indiana Pilkington

Indiana Pilkington

Posted: 8 Mar 2001 7:42PM GMT
Edited: 16 Jul 2001 7:02AM GMT
Need everyone's help
Indiana Pilkington of Texas,married a Brown in 1881 in Upshur Texas.Indiana supposedly, her family owned a plantation. She may have also lived in Pittsburg, an Gilmer Texas.
Thank you very much
Terry

Re: Indiana Pilkington

Posted: 27 Jun 2002 4:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Pilkington, Clutz
By now do you have the information on Daniel and Elizabeth Clutz Pilkington, parents of Indiana? I don't have Daniel's parents, but do have his children.

Bettie Tripp Waddle

Re: Indiana Pilkington

Rosie Cangelose (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2005 8:41PM GMT
Surnames: Pilkington, Bullard
Do you know anything of Daniel Pilkingtons son Jacob ? In 1880 he was at home in Upshur Co. Texas at age 18 but have not been able to locate him or his family.

Re: Jacob Pilkington

Posted: 29 Jan 2005 4:51AM GMT
Surnames: Pilkington, Pilkinton, Sauls
I believe he is the Jacob Sanford Pilkington who married Edna Sauls in Upshur County. She is the daughter of C. Y. Sauls & Elizabeth. See the 1900 Upshur County Census, page 84b. Edna shows as a widow with children Evie, Ausie, Ada and 2 others. I would be interested to see how you read the other 2 children's names.

Posted: 29 Jan 2005 5:58AM GMT
Bettie. I would be interested in the family , I will check Thursday when I go to library. Have you any more info on Indiana and C. Robert Brown. That is my husband's and Terry Strouds' great grandmother and great grandfather,.Thanks Anne

Posted: 2 Feb 2005 3:46AM GMT
Edited: 24 Nov 2006 7:11AM GMT
Surnames: Pilkington, Brown, Puckett
I show Robert's first name to be Cleveland. Do you? I show a daughter Minnie Naomi who married Joseph Knox Puckett. Do you have any more children? I haven't found Robert & Indiana on the census yet.Did either of them have a nickname? Did Indiana have a middle name?

Rosie Cangelose (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2005 5:28PM GMT
Roberts first name was Cleveland. I don't know of a middle name for Indiannia. They had just the one child. Have you corresponded with Ann H. ? This is her family.
Also, I'll be going to the library in Shreveport, La in a few days and will check the census for Jacob Pilkington that you gave me the other day. Also is there another child of Daniels by the name of James?

Posted: 3 Feb 2005 1:45AM GMT
Surnames: Pilkington, Pilkenton
Rosie, yes, Anne and I are corresponding. I don't have a James as a son of Daniel, but I do have a James H. b. @ 1863 - In Upshur County in 1880. I show him to be the son of S. K. or S. R. - hard to read in the 1870 Upshur County and 1860 Anderson County census records.

Posted: 6 Feb 2005 2:57AM GMT
I think James is a nephew of Daniel being a son of S.R. Pilkington. I also believe that S.R., David and Daniel are all brothers..All being from GA , Cant prove it yet. But am working on that premise. Anne

Posted: 6 Feb 2005 3:35AM GMT
Surnames: Pilkington, Hull
Anne, there is an unidentified male in the Permenus Pilkington household in 1840 in Benton County, Alabama. This could well be Daniel whom I show to have been born about 1825. That would give him a brother named John Sanford that would tie into the Jacob Sanford name of your guy.

Tying David (m. Sarah and later of Callaghan County, Texas) into this family as the brother of Permenus and father of S. R., Absalom, David W., Martha and Washington would work out date-wise and give a link for the Absalom name: Permenus' daughter Sarah m. Absalom Hull in 1844.

Maybe I'm stretching all this a little far. Sure would like for it all to fit together!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions