Search for content in message boards

Edward and Susan Pooler

Edward and Susan Pooler

Posted: 20 Apr 2008 9:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Pooler, Monck (Monk)
Susan and Edward were my gggg grandparents who came to Quebec from County Cork, Ireland. Edward possibly born 1807 and Susan in 1806. They raised their family in and around Quebec City. Cannot find any record of them prior to 1847 when their son John was born in Quebec.He married Mary Monk (Monck) in 1868 in Toronto. Mary was born in Wexford, Ireland to Francis Monck and Elisabeth Carlye whom I have also been unable to trace back to Ireland. Does anyone have more info?

Re: Edward and Susan Pooler

Posted: 18 Jul 2008 5:18AM GMT
Surnames: Monck,Ryon
I have a little information. Mary Monck is my ggf's sister (Francis Henry Monck). His son Herbert Clarence Henry Monck (Ryon) is my grandfather. Francis Henry Monck and Margaret McFarland (my ggm) died of Tuberculosis in Cleveland, Ohio and Herbert was adopted by the Ryon's. There are a few Monck's buried in Cleveland.

I have Francis Monck you mention below as Francis Garnet Monck II b abt. 1800, Wexford and d 20 Feb 1867, Toronto. His parents as James Henry Monck, b abt. 1761, Mayo, Ireland and Gliz Eakins b abt. 1770, Wexford. I think there is a link to 2 Moncks who died in Scullabogue.

I know there are Monck's in Colorado but communication with them has not been successful.

Re: Edward and Susan Pooler

Posted: 5 Oct 2008 4:02PM GMT
Thanks so much for the info. Sorry I took so long to reply, my computer has been down. Wonder if you know the connection between Mary and the 1st. Gov. Gen. of Canada. I know they must have been cousins but haven't found the link.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic