looking for family history

looking for family history

Peter Waldron (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jun 2000 5:55AM GMT
Im looking for history of my family.

Family History

Posted: 9 Jun 2000 12:25PM GMT
Edited: 20 Mar 2002 9:07PM GMT
Who are you looking for? i have a Varner book and could look up some info for you. It may be there or might not, but it's worth a try....Mary Lou

Peter or Ervin Varner

Carol Dunning (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jun 2000 7:38AM GMT
Mary Lou,

You have a Varner book? Wow! Peter Varner was my great, great, great grandfather. He had a family in 1850 consisting of wife Jane and children Ervin (my great, great grandfather), Mary, Adeline, Martha, Nancy, William H., Isaac and Margaret. They were living in Schuyler County, MO, at that time. Also, I read another message which said the Varners they were looking for were full blood Cherokee? That is the connection I'm looking for, the Cherokee blood. Can you help me? Thanks so much.
Posted: 14 Jun 2000 9:04AM GMT
Hi Carol,

I got your post and will look for a connection and get back to you. Here is my email..baby.lou@att.net send me yours and we will do it that way. O.K.? Mary Lou

Peter and Ervin

Posted: 14 Jun 2000 7:21PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2001 5:42AM GMT
Carol,
Can you tell me about Ervin? Peter was
married to Jane Bristow in IL and they moved
to Schuyler Co, MO. Are these the same
people that you are talking about?
E-mail me if this is right. kgvarner@clinton.net
Georgia Ann

Varner Family

Dan E Varner (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jul 2000 8:16PM GMT
Very pleased to meet you. It appears from all the e-mails you and the expert on the Varners. May I ask is the book you have published or is it a family handown? I am having problems getting back to SC. Let me share and maybe you can help me. Dan-Laurel MS-1934, Edward-Laurel,MS-1897, Charles Franklin-Jasper City,MS-1864,Franklin W.-SC-1835. There is a Charles Varner-Pickens City, SC-Abt 1801. I am not sure of the link between Franklin W. and Charles? Also where do we go from here if this link is correct? If you could provide me any insight it would be very much appreciated. Dan

Varner Family history

Robin Varner (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jul 2000 6:02PM GMT
I have just started trying to find out the ancestory of my family. My grandfather, Ned Varner, was born in 1918 in Alabama. He had 5 sons and 2 daughters. One of his sons, my father, is Charles Edward Varner, born in Alabama in 1944. Do you have advice on how I proceed in finding out other information? I have a form letter printed out to receive a copy of my grandfather's Social Security Death File. I was hoping, however, that you may have some information in your book. My grandfather was a mechanical engineer who worked for Union Camp in Savanah, GA and died in 1976.

Thanks,
Robin
Posted: 30 Jul 2000 6:59PM GMT
Email your address to me, Robin and I will do what I can! Mary Lou
Posted: 11 Aug 2000 3:47PM GMT
Carol, did I send your family info yet? I am not sure, please let me know. Mary lou

George Henry Varner--MO

Tracey (West) Koval (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2000 11:12AM GMT
My gr-grandfather was Geo. Henry b.3-31-1881 d. 1946. He married Lettie Frances Thornton on 2-15-1904. She was a full-blood Cherokee Indian. They had 11 children. His father's name was Samuel Varner and his mother Lottie (so I am told). Lettie's parents were Douglas and Margaret Thornton. Any connection with anything you have?

Thanks,
Tracey Koval
mkovalzgrl@hotmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic