Search for content in message boards

Andrew Walker Johnson

Andrew Walker Johnson

Helen Davis (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jan 2000 12:28PM GMT
Andrew W. Johnson, married Nora Rebecca Duncan in MS. settled in Ala. Looking for
parents or family on either side of these two.Last known family in Kennedy, MS. contact
hattie20@telepak.net

Johnson Family

Kathleen Roderigues (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jan 2000 7:34AM GMT
I am looking for the Johnson family as well.
The name Walker was in the Johnson Family as well. Is there any Indian Heritage that you know of because there is with this family? This Johnson family had roots in Conn.. Please reply I am doing our family tree. Please email me maybe we can be helpful to one another. I am from Rhode Island. Thanks Kathy Roderigues:)

Andrew Walker Johnson

Posted: 21 Feb 2000 8:17AM GMT
Edited: 9 Oct 2002 12:06AM GMT
Andrew was my greatgrandfather. His son Andrew Jackson Johnson was my grandfather. He was born in GoodSprings,Al. in 1911. He and his brother Howard were hobos and hopped the trains to West Virginia where they both settled and raised families. Andrew Walker and Lenora Rebecca are both buried in Zion Cemetary near Parrish, Al. I do not know proven history past this generation. I have been told by an aunt that Lenora was from the Blackfoot Indian tribe. I do not know if this was true. Is there possibility that Andrew was married before, as my mother thinks due to age difference in some of the children? I have been told also that Andrew immigrated to US from Ireland. Where his point of arrival was, or if this is true I do not know. My mother does have a wonderful picture of Andrew and Lenora.

Andrew Walker Johnson

Elizabeth Johnson Thornton (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jul 2000 6:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Sep 2001 3:22AM GMT
Andrew Walker Johnson was also my ggrandfather. Charles Vernon,older brother of Howard and Andrew, is my grandfather, he married Florence Jones, they had one child, Charles Oscar Johnson, my father, I am his firstborn......
Andrew and Nora are burried by my grandfather, and father in Zion cemetary...
We definately DO have native american blood...and I agree about the age differences...I believe possibly Nora may have had Charles Vernon, before marriage to Andrew, for Charles Vernon appeared full blooded, and they say Andrew had red hair!
My father, Charles Oscar, was roughly 3/4...and I am half breed......
I am in search for just exactly what tribe...
My grandmother, Florence's father, had much Chocktaw.....but do not know exactly what tribe Nora was from.....If you get any info on exactly what tribe she was, could you please let me know????? It would mean sooo much to me!.....thank you......and please feel free to e-mail me anytime.......
Sincerely;
Elizabeth Johnson Thornton......

Andrew Walker Johnson

Posted: 21 Jul 2000 6:28AM GMT
Edited: 12 Sep 2001 3:21AM GMT
Andrew and Nora were also my ggrandparents...I am the grandaughter of Charles Vernon...Howard and Andrews brother...
feel free to e-mail me......
et@sonet.net
Elizabeth Johnson Thornton......

Andrew Walker Johnson

Posted: 27 Jul 2000 5:47PM GMT
Edited: 9 Oct 2002 12:06AM GMT
ANDREW JACKSON JOHNSON WAS AMY GRANDFATHER. HE DID HAVE RED HAIR AS MANY OF MY AUNTS AND UNCLES AND SEVERAL COUSINS. MY HAIR IS BROWN WITH A DEFINITE RED TINT. I AM ONLY STARTING THE JOHNSON LINE AND D0 NOT HAVE MUCH INFO. SOMEONE TOLD ME THAT NORA WAS A BLACKFOOT BUT MY SON DID SOME DIGGING AND EVEN CALLED THE BLACKFOOT TRIBAL OFFICE IN MONTANA WHO SAID THAT THE TRIBE WAS NEVER ASSOCIATED WITH THE KANSAS, MISSISSIPPI, ALABAMA AREA. I HAVE TALKED WITH A LADY WHO IS CHEROKEE THAT THINKS THAT NORA WAS PROBABLY CHEROKEE. IF YOU HAVE HER DATE OF DEATH AND EVEN BIRTH AND MAIDEN NAME YOU MAY BE ABLE TO CHECK TRIBAL RECORDS FOR HER INFO. SOMEONE TOLD ME HER LAST NAME WAS DUNN OR DUNCAN. AS YOU CAN TELL I DON'T KNOW MUCH. I WAS TOO YOUNG TO BE INTERESTED IN THIS WHEN GRANDPA WAS ALIVE AND COULD TELL ME WHAT HE KNEW OF HIS FAMILY HISTORY. PLEASE E-MAIL ME AGAIN SO WE CAN TALK MORE.

Andrew Walker Johnson

Posted: 28 Jul 2000 5:50AM GMT
so nice to hear from you again!......Charles Vernon,(Andrew Howard's brother)....wife (florence)....is my grandmother.....and she is still alive...in fact...I live in a trailer right beside her!.....I have only recently spoken with her about this matter of Native blood....because all through these years...it was just not discussed....though I knew by my apperance, when I got older, what I was..
She told me..that Charles Vernon....through Nora...was Choctaw!
Lenora's surname was Dunkin...later spelled Duncan...at the time of her and Andrew Walker's marriage in 1893.
I have also found Duncan's on the Chickasaw rolls...both of these tribes lived close together....in Mississippi and Alabama...
I do not know.....perhaps Nora was married before....to a Duncan.....or either Duncan was her maiden name...not sure.....
I just know that my father...son of Charles Vernon....was nearly fullblood....and i am approximately 1/2....in fact the only feature I have at all that is white is my eyes.....they are green.......and i am not quite as dark as he was....but almost!....other than that....I look just like him.
You're people, from WVirginia have visited my grandmother's house many times....and they were indeed redheaded.....
I remember them comming there as a child...
In fact...My grandmother and Charles Vernon came and lived in WVirginia for a short while...my father was born there.....they lived nextdoor to a sister of Andrew/Howard/ and Charles Vernon.....who's name was Mae..she married a man named George Smith.....they were in Braeholm....(logan county)...my father was born in 1931....at the time..my grandmother was 19 and Charles Vernon was 29.....they lived in a mining camp...he was a coal miner......
I can go to zion and get Nora's birth and death dates off her marker,,,if you like....also.....please feel free to e-mail me at et@sonet.net .....anytime.....
sincerely;
Elizabeth........

Andrew Walker Johnson

Kathleen (View posts)
Posted: 14 Oct 2000 12:01PM GMT
He was in Walker Co. Ala. and married Lenorah Rebecca Dunkin. She is full blooded Cherokee and both their parents moved to Alabama from South Carolina. Let me know. Sincerly, Hattie

Re: Andrew Walker Johnson

Posted: 21 Mar 2012 2:56PM GMT
Hello, if you can provide any information or documentation regarding Lenora and Andrew Johnson, I would appreciate it as these are our ancesters as well. Thank you, Kareena

Re: Andrew Walker Johnson

Posted: 21 Mar 2012 2:58PM GMT
Can you forward me a picture of Lenora and Andrew Johnson as well as these are my ancesters as well. You can forward the picture and any documents to my email address of: rksibley6@juno.com or ksibley7@gmail.com I appreciate it thanks, Kareena Sibley
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions