Search for content in message boards

ROBERT HORTON from KY>TN>MO>ARK>TX

ROBERT HORTON from KY>TN>MO>ARK>TX

Mary Ann Horton (View posts)
Posted: 3 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HORTON
Robert Horton married a woman from Tennesee. They had 2 sons. one of whom was John Morgan Horton. John Morgan married 3 times.1st: Sarah (Cherry) Elizabeth Stokes (Stark?) 2nd:Daisy ? 3rd: Minnie Argo. John Morgan, Robert's son, was listed in the Benton,Co.,Arkansas 1900 Census.I am looking for info. on ROBERT HORTON (John Morgan's dad)

Re: ROBERT HORTON from KY>TN>MO>ARK>TX

Posted: 1 Feb 2003 1:21AM GMT
Surnames: Horton
My Father name is Robert E. Horton known as (Spoty)
he is from Molena Ga. Wife - Betty Horton
Grandfather- Robert( Bod ) Horton or Bob Rivers who also
lived in Molena, Ga. (Pike County) I am looking for family on my grandfather side of the family any Uncle, Aunts,Cousin
Grandfather Wife 1st- Cindy Thompson, 2nd wife- Laura Greggs (?) children - Doris , Edna, Ida, Ruth,Ray, Adam, Willie, Robert Grandson --( Spoty) Robert Horton

Posted: 20 Apr 2009 11:36PM GMT
Surnames: Horton, Howard
I may be able to help with Robert Horton

Posted: 20 Apr 2009 11:36PM GMT
Surnames: Horton, Howard
I may be able to help with Robert Horton

Posted: 21 Apr 2009 7:56PM GMT
Surnames: Horton
My ears perked up when I saw this title: ROBERT HORTON from KY>TN>MO.

David Robert Horton [who went by the name Robert Horton most of the time] is my granduncle. He was born 10 May 1884 in Silver Creek, KY. His father, Thomas Warren Horton, died 12 Feb 1897 when Robert was about 13 years old. A few years after his father's death, his mother, Malinda Horton, moved him and her other children to Nashville, TN when Robert was raised, went to school, etc.

He served in WWI. Here is where my info gets very thin. All I know is that he moved to MO, worked as a shoemaker in a facory, married, died 11 Mar 1953 and is buried at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery in St. Louis. His residence at that time was 3228a Wyoming St, St. Louis.

I don't know whether he had any children.

I wonder if we are talking about the same person??

Regards, Jack Horton Anderson

ROBERT HORTON, Russell Co, VA

Posted: 29 Apr 2009 1:39PM GMT
Robert Horton, b 1815 Russell Co, VA, married to Anna S Howard, father of John Morgan Horton
I don’t have an absolute answer but a very reasonable guess. Assuming that commonly accepted information is correct, that Robert was born in 1815 in Russell Co, VA, the breakdown would be as follows. The families of two brother/sister unions from Stafford Co, William and Mary Kendrick Horton, and John and Isabelle Kendrick Horton had moved to Russell Co. By 1820, after Robert had been born, the first cousin families were:
Daniel and Mary Fannin Horton
William and Letticia Horton Horton
John and Jane Sergeant Horton
Travis and Rebecca Lester Horton
Enoch and Martha Stinson Horton

In the 1820 census Daniel has 1 son under 10: probably Johnson.
John has 3 sons under 10: John, William and Daniel
Travis has 3 sons under 10: Elijah Sergeant, Reese Duff, and Travis
Enoch B has 2 sons under 10: James and John
That leaves William who has 5 sons under 10: 4 are known, Daniel, Johnston, Rodah, and William Patrick. A reasonable guess is that Robert is the fifth son.

This would mean that the Hortons in 1850 in Morgan Co, KY consist of the families of 3 brothers:
Daniel and Susannah Kendall Horton
Robert and Anna Howard Horton
Rodah and Catherine Banner Horton

I might be wrong, but it’s a neat package.

Posted: 20 Apr 2012 2:23AM GMT
Surnames: Robert Earl Horton Sr. (Sporty)
I am (Cuch1)(Corshaun92) Charlene Horton Parks, I need to make some correction that is on the the first message board. My father Robert Earl Horton Sr. also known to everyone as Sporty. He is the grandson of Robert"Bob" Horton also known as Bob Rivers. Robert"Bob" mother name was Ida Rivers, My father mother was Edna Horton, daughter of Robert "Bob"Horton. We lived in Molena, Ga. and move to Thomaston, Ga. My Great Granddaddy first wife was Clendon Thompson (first name spelling may not be correct), her parents name was Sidney and Meady Thompson (Molena,Ga.).His second wife was Laura Greggs. I am searching for the Horton, Thompson and Rivers family. My Great Granddaddy children are- Edna, (Emma)Doris, Ida Ruth, AD Horton and Lewis (Ray). next came Ida Bell, Robert Lee and Willie James.

Re: ROBERT HORTON, Russell Co, VA

Posted: 15 Jul 2013 4:25PM GMT
I am great granddaughter of Rodah. After Catherine Banner died Rodah married Rachel McGuire and had 11 more children. Rodah is buried in Hornet cemetery south of Joplin, Missouri
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions