Search for content in message boards

Joseph Henry and Mary Ellen Champion Harris marriae

Joseph Henry and Mary Ellen Champion Harris marriae

Posted: 8 Jan 2013 11:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HARRIS/CHAMPION
Would like to know if someone could check a marriage certificate from 16 Mar 1895 between Joseph Henry Harris and Mary Ellen Champion - they married in National Mine, Marquette Co. Michigan. Was curious to see if they list Joseph Henry Harris' parents or Mary ellen Champions' parents names or where in Cornwall England Joseph was born. Thanks in advance. Plz advise of costs for such seach. Judy Nichols Wisconsin

Re: Joseph Henry and Mary Ellen Champion Harris marriae

Posted: 9 Jan 2013 5:16AM GMT
Edited: 9 Jan 2013 5:35AM GMT
You can see the actual marriage book entry here, from
March 16, 1896
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/NQ36-ND4

Unfortunately, it does not list either of their parents. It does list an "R. Champion" as a witness.

This is all of the information available, if you were to order a certificate, this is what they would give you.

Do you know when they died? A death certificate or obit might give their parents.

Posted: 9 Jan 2013 3:01PM GMT
THanks so much. Have been ill and not much chance to look around for info. That pretty much answers any questions - as they died here in Wisconsin and the info on the death certificate is the same. At least I know that base is covered. Really appreciate your help. Judy Nichols WI

Posted: 12 Jan 2013 3:08PM GMT
Hi, I found that Joseph Henry Harris was born July 1873 in Cornwall, England married Mary Ellen Champion, they had many children.
Lacey b. 1895,
Joseph Henry b. 1900
Clyde b. 1902
Florence b. 1904
Lelia b. 1906
Mae b. 1907 2nd marriage ??
Clyde b. 1909 2nd marriage??

I could not find Joseph Henry Harris parents but i was able to find Mary Ellen Champion parents, and then i was able to take her Champion family back to the late 1500's. If you would like for me send you that info please get back with me at josie56@sbcglobal.net Or, if you have ancestry.com you can find that info on this site. I'm not related to this family.
James LaVerdure
Michigan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions