Search for content in message boards

Allan MacDonald & Margaret Morrison

Allan MacDonald & Margaret Morrison

Posted: 12 Sep 2012 1:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: MacDonald Morrison
Allan MacDonald (b. c1825), Margaret MacDonald (née Morrison b. c1828), Christina MacDonald (b. c1852) & Catherine Morrison (b. c1829) emigrated together from Nth Uist (Langass?) to South Australia in 1853 on the ship HMS Hercules. I would appreciate any further information about Allan & Margaret's family histories on Nth Uist. Thanks, Michael Smithson.

Re: Allan MacDonald & Margaret Morrison

Posted: 13 Sep 2012 7:46PM GMT
Hi
I would be interested in knowing if the Alan's mother and father were Ian and Marion(Morag). Also interested in the names of any known siblings.
Regards - John

Posted: 23 Nov 2012 10:27PM GMT
Hi - I am also researching the same people for a relative of theirs - Christina being their great grandmother. I have only just started today so we may be able to help each other. Judy Macdonald

Posted: 27 Jun 2013 11:01PM GMT
I am also researching Macdonald history on North Uist. Christina Macdonald was my great grandmother. Margaret's parents were Peter Morrison (DOB 1781) and Catherine McCaskill (DOB 1786). I'm not so sure Christina's father Allan was born in Fort William. However, I don't know who his parents were.

Posted: 29 Jun 2013 9:37AM GMT
Thanks for the info - Christina is my gg-grandmother. I see that Margaret was a relatively late-life child, do you know of any siblings? Michael S

Posted: 29 Jun 2013 10:13AM GMT
Bill Lawson, author of "North Uist in history and legend"did some research for me re Allan MacDonald. Not a great deal of info though. Page 206 of that book talks about the MacAskills. A Donald MacAskill appears to be the brother of Margaret's mother, Catherine (who married Peter Morrison). Margaret's sister travelled with the MacDonalds on the Hercules, but died during the trip. Are you from South Australia?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions