Search for content in message boards

Rogers in Hall County

Rogers in Hall County

Valerie Schwartz (View posts)
Posted: 13 May 2002 10:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 May 2002 7:12PM GMT
Surnames: Rogers, Jarrard
My great-grandmother was Sarah Alesa Rogers, daughter of Dr. James Thomas Rogers and Mary Luvina Jarrard of Habersham County. I have a photo taken of Sarah at age 16, by Early Rogers in Gainesville, Ga. Interested in contacting others that have any information on the Rogers in Hall County and surrounding areas.
Valerie

Re: Rogers in Hall County

DK (View posts)
Posted: 15 May 2002 3:06PM GMT
Edited: 25 May 2002 7:12PM GMT
Surnames: Rogers, Jarrard
I have a lot of Rogers from Towns Co, who later moved to other areas of GA. I also have a Jarrard family from White/Habersham.

valerie Schwartz (View posts)
Posted: 16 May 2002 12:03AM GMT
Edited: 25 May 2002 7:11PM GMT
Surnames: Jarrard, Rogers, Hughes, Bird
Thanks for the reply. I would be very interested in the information you have, especially on the Jarrards in Habersham and Rogers. My g-grandmother was from Hall County and lived for awhile in Young Harris where my grandmother was born. I believe my g-grandfather, John Bird Hughes was affiliated with Young Harris College. I'm also trying to find information on him. I believe he may have been the son of Thomas M. Hughes and Nancy Bird, but am only guessing.

Posted: 16 Jun 2002 12:37PM GMT
Edited: 14 Dec 2004 5:02AM GMT
Surnames: Rogers
Valerie:
My grandmother was a Rogers from Hall County.
I don't reconize the names of your Roger's line, but I do have a book with Habersham, White and Hall County(and some other counties nearby) documented gravesites with names and birth, death dates. If you would like for me to look something up for you, I will be glad to.

Iris

valerie Schwartz (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jun 2002 4:24PM GMT
Edited: 29 Dec 2002 7:26PM GMT
Thanks for responding Iris. Who was your grandmother? I have some Rogers information and will be glad to share. My great grandparents, Dr. James Thomas Rogers and his wife, Mary Luvina Jarrard Rogers are buried in the church cemetery, Trinity United Methodist in North Hall county. I do not know where my great grandmother, Sarah Alesa Rogers Hughes (Sallie) is buried. Do you have anything on her? Keep in touch , please.
Thanks, Valerie

Posted: 18 Jun 2002 5:27AM GMT
Surnames: Rogers, Garner, Carter, Faulkner, Warren
My grandmother's name is Amanda Margaret Rogers Garner. Married: Henry Alexander Garner
Her father is John Cisero Rogers married: Sephronia Carter. His father: William (Billy) Rogers Married: Phoebia Faulkner. His father: Jacob Rogers married Polly Warren.
The Doctor who delivered me and was our family Dr. is Robert Lee Rogers. I believe him to be a different set of Rogers. You may be related to him?
The book that I have is Habersham and White County Cemeteries, compiled by Northeast Georgia Regional Library.

Happy hunting.....it's not that easy to bring the circle together!
But fun trying.

Valerie (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jun 2002 2:01PM GMT
Edited: 29 Dec 2002 7:25PM GMT
Iris, Thanks for the response.
My great grandmother was the daughter of Dr. James Thomas Rogers. He is a direct decendent of Jacob Rogers, (born Jan. 12, 1795). Jacob is buried in Holly Springs, Hall County. He was married to Mary Staton. I have John cicero Rogers, born Nov.11, 1844. I believe James Thomas Roger is the brother of John cicero Rogers, (born Nov. 10, 1830). I remember coming to Gainesville when very young with my mother and grandmother to visit Aunt Mary Rogers. We are related to Dr. Lee Rogers. I believe that we must be related. Do you live in Hall County. We moved from Atlanta to Flowery Branch in 1988. Let's share more information.
Val

Posted: 19 Jun 2002 11:34PM GMT
We are most definatly are related!

Yes, I live in Hall County, Ga. My grandmother was born around Skitts Mountain.Not too far from here. Mama always said that we were kin to Dr. Rogers, but I can find no link for him, but then didn't know about any of the brothers, sisters.They do have a Rogers reunion every year, but haven't been. I know Dr. Rogers son and daughter. His son is a Dr. in North Carolina.
I do have a picture of the Rogers homeplace on a postcard. It is still standing but has been remoldeled. A beautiful old home. My grandmother's sister, Aunt Hester Rogers(Carter) committed sucide in that house.

Flowery Branch is about 30 minutes from me.

Iris

Valerie (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jun 2002 2:08PM GMT
I'd love to see the picture of the homeplace. I have a picture of my ggrandmother, Sarah Rogers and her mother, Mary Luvina. You know we are also related to Rep. Carl Rogers, his grandfather was my ggrandmothers brother. His grandfather was Jackson Nolley Rogers. Do you know when the Roger's reunion takes place and where? I'd love to attend.
Let's get together. My telephone number is 770-967-6896. I have printed out a few things on the family and will be glad to share. I also have a couple of names of people who might have more information on the family. One side of the Rogers married into the Quillian family, another into the Hulsey family. I would really like to find out more.
Give me a call and let's set a date.
Val
PS I have the link to Dr. Lee Rogers

Posted: 20 Jun 2002 2:18PM GMT
It's good to hear more information about the Rogers'.
I will be happy to share the picture and any more info that I have.
No, I did not know that we are related to Rep. Carl Rogers! I do know about the Wiley Quillian family. Many are buried at Belton Baptist Church cemetery, as are the Carter's, Rogers'.

GrandPa Cicero Rogers and first wife is buried at Wahoo Baptist Church cemetery, Lumpkin Co., Ga. I have large portraits of both Great Grandparents.

Talk soon,
Iris
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions