Search for content in message boards

Yavorsky roots

Yavorsky roots

Posted: 24 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Jul 2001 3:04AM GMT
Surnames: Frank Yavorsky, Ludwig Yavorsky, John Yavorsky, Mary Yavorsky
I am looking for information on the Yavorsky family in Mercer Co. Anyone having any information please e-mail me.

Yavorsky Roots

Posted: 14 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2001 3:04AM GMT
Surnames: Yavorsky, Kriedler
I came across a queriey about Ludwig Yavorsky from a Rosemarie Kriedler. Ludwig was my grandfather. Anyone in Mercer County having information on her please e-mail me.

Re: Yavorsky Roots

william phillips (View posts)
Posted: 27 Aug 2001 3:04AM GMT
Is this the same FRANK YAVORSKY that lived
on Idaho St.ext during the middle 50s ????

Re: Yavorsky roots

Posted: 5 Jan 2002 12:52AM GMT
Edited: 28 Nov 2003 12:16PM GMT
Surnames: Yavorsky
We only know that John Yavosky was still alive in 1936. I have sent e-mail to my sister, as she has more exact info. She started us on this geneology kick. If I remember correctly, we traced the family back to a small town in Slovakia called Kosice (supposedly pronounced Co-HEE-say).

Posted: 5 Jan 2002 1:21AM GMT
Edited: 28 Nov 2003 12:16PM GMT
It could be him, or maybe an older "Frank"'s son. Most of these guys were boilermakers from family history. My father was Andy Yersky's (born 11/1900) son. The name Yavorsky
has changed over time. Some use Yersky, some Yerskey--
others may have kept the Javorsky name.

Posted: 9 Aug 2002 11:35PM GMT
Surnames: Yerskey, Yersky
Just learned recently from my mother, Antoinette (Toni) Yerskey Yonchak of family name "Yavorsky". Her Dad,
John S. Yerskey, was a boilermaker and lived/died in Farrell PA. He had brothers Albert, Andy, Steve ("Pip"), Louis, Frank, George ("Pure"), and several sisters. His wife was Anna Medvec Yerskey. For some reason, my grandfather spelled his last name YERSKY, but rest of family spelled it YERSKEY. Albert's family still lives in Farrell PA; George's family has some folks living in TX, others in Sharon/Hermitage PA area. Pips' daughter still lives in same home in Farrell. Family (Yavorsky's and Yerskey's and Yersky's) attended St Ann's Church, Farrell PA, and are buried in church cemetery, in Hermitage PA. I have more data, willing to share all. I can be reached via email at gsyonchak@hotmail.com or via gary.yonchak@youngstown.af.mil Hope to hear from you.

Posted: 9 Aug 2002 11:41PM GMT
Yavorksy and Yerskey/Yersky family roots seem to be same or intertwined. My mom (Toni Yersky Yonchak) told me just recently, that her grandfather was a Yavorsky from the Farrell area. I didn't think too much of it at the time, but willing to go back and re-interview her about it. She lives now in GA, but is to visit here in Fall. I have some data on family, and willing to share. I can be reached at either of following email addresses
gsyonchak@hotmail.com or gary.yonchak@youngstown.af.mil
Hope to hear from you...

Posted: 9 Aug 2002 11:44PM GMT
Was Frank Yavorsky any relation to John Yavorksy? Also,
known as John Yerskey (Yersky)? I recently learned that my
mother's family "correct" name was Yavorsky, but was changed to Yerskey/Yersky. Family resided up on Mercer
Avenue across from Lunn Boulevard.

Posted: 29 Dec 2003 8:19AM GMT
Surnames: Yavorsky, Yersky
I don't know if the individuals who were looking for information about the Yavorsky family are still doing research at this date. My mother, Rose Yavorsky Toth was Ludwig Yavorsky's daughter and the sister of John and Frank. My grandparents, Ludwig and Madeline (sp) lived in Farrell, PA. I remember some of the Yersky family visiting us in Hubbard, OH, especially when our cousin Sister Christine Yurick came to visit. Sister's mother Ann was also a daughter of Ludwig and Madeline.

Rose Kreidler (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 2003 7:14PM GMT
Hi Kay,

Yep. I'm still slugging away at the "Yavorsky/Yavorski/Yavorskey/Yersky/Yerskey" family geneology. I am the great-granddaughter of John Yavorsky.
His son, Andrew, was my grandfather, and Ron is my father.
We use the name "Yersky." I have been searching for a possible third brother, whose name was Matthew, Mathias,
or Matus. This name appeared on g-granpapa John's papers of intent to file for citizenship. However, there appears to have been some sort of family rift. Until I found Ludwig's name in an obituary for my great-grandfather, not even my
father knew he existed. Let me know what you need, and I can supply you with what information we've managed to gather to date.

Your cousin,

Rose
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions