Search for content in message boards

Franklin RAY, b. SC, d. c1934

Franklin RAY, b. SC, d. c1934

Ruby Ray Yarborough (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 2001 6:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jul 2008 8:25PM GMT
Surnames: RAY, CARROLL, WILLIAMSON, BRUNK
My name is Ruby Ray Yarborough. My brother and i are trying to find out as much as we can on our Ray family tree.
Our grandfather was named "Franklin Asbury Ray". He was born somewhere in the Horry county part of South Carolina. I do not know when he was born, but, he died sometime along in 1934 or 1935. He lived somewhere along in the place, that is known as the "Playcard section of Horry county".
I know that he had at least one sister, named Joanna, who married a man with the last name of Carroll in Bennettsville,SC. His father's name was Jesse Ray and His mother's name was Tabitha. He was married to a lady, whose name was Ludie Mae Williamson Ray. He had 5 children. 4 boys and one girl.
The boys were Leon, D.J., Nathan, and Lester Ray. The one daughter was Tabitha Ray Brunk. He also had a daughter who died when she was about 1 or 2 yrs. from crib death. His first son, Leon Ray was by his first wife, who died when Leon was very young. Leon was raised by his mother's people. He then married my grandmother, Ludie Mae Ray, who's maiden name was Williamson. His other children was by her. If any one has any information concerning these name, please contact me at the following e-mail address. Thank You Very much! Ruby Ray Yarborough
rubylee11956@aol.com
Posted: 22 Aug 2002 3:24AM GMT
Edited: 23 Jul 2008 8:25PM GMT
Surnames: RAY
Hi:
The history you have posted intrests me,my greatgrandfather was the late Lester S. Ray........and too i have an anut by the name of Ruby Ray....think we maybe related??????

Re: Lester RAY

Posted: 23 Aug 2002 4:27PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jul 2008 8:26PM GMT
Surnames: RAY
what state you your rays from? thanks mary

SC RAY Family

Melissa Ray (View posts)
Posted: 30 Aug 2002 4:43PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jul 2008 8:27PM GMT
Surnames: Ray
Hi Mary;
My family(dads side ) is from South Carolina,areas of Pacolet,Cowpens,Gaffney.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions