Search for content in message boards

Ship Jeanie Johnson; Passenger List

Ship Jeanie Johnson; Passenger List

John Barrett (View posts)
Posted: 30 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bailey, Lynch, Griffin, Hanafin, Rice, Reidy, Dooling, Corcoran, Collins, Kearney, Connor, Burns, Brosnihan, Doyle, Regan, Moriarty, Commane, O'Leary, Scanlon, Shanahan, Clifford, Martin, Goggin, Finn, Savage, Hassett, McCarthy, Rahilly, Kelliher, Raymond, Noonan, Keane, Shea
The listed surnames are additional passengers of the ship "Jeanie Johnston" that arrived in Baltimore, from Ireland, on 4 May 1849. Seeking descendants of these passenger's for Year 2000 visit of a replica of this ship to the Port of Baltimore. I have first names, ages, and occupation of the individuals.

Passenger List

M. J. Gardner (View posts)
Posted: 4 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Corcoran
In the Baltimore City County, MD list, you mention the name CORCORAN as being on the passenger list for the ship Jeanie Johnson. Could you tell me what other information is on the list for this family?

Passenger List

Ginny Johnson (View posts)
Posted: 12 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Noonan, Barrett
Any further information on your list of passengers. Am especially interested in the names Noonan and Barrett. My maiden name was Noonan, grandfather was Patrick or also known as Kendrick. I think his father was John but have yet to verify this. My grandmother Noonan's maiden name was Barrett and had a sister Julie. That is all I have been able to determine on her.

My grandparents were born, I am guessing around 1885.

Let me know if you see any connections. Thanks.

jeanie johnston/corcoran

Posted: 13 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jan 2002 2:40PM GMT
Surnames: corcoran
The Jeanie Johnston was a famine ship that left from Tralee and made only one or two voyages to Baltimore. She is being rebuilt and is intended to sail to the US next summer, including a stop in Baltimore.

RE: Corcoran, I too am seeking a Baltimore connection. Mine is Bridget Corcoran, married to Timothy SULLIVAN. I believe they were married in Cork or Kerry and had kids before they emigrated. I'm trying to discern if Timothy Sullivan had a sister who would be my gg-grandmother.

please contact me at

ded_rellys@pressroom.com

It is not improbable that COrk/Kerry families would depart via Tralee

passenger list

Donna Cary (View posts)
Posted: 9 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Finn
My husband's ancestor Peter Finn was b. 1851 in Baltimore Md. His father was born in Ireland, thought to be named Shadrach. What Finn's were on the list? Thankyou, Donna

Passenger List

Posted: 11 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Mar 2002 4:19PM GMT
Surnames: Burns
Seeking GGrandparents Christopher Burns (approx age 27) and wife Catherine Scott Burns (approx age 24) arriving from Ireland and settling in PA. Oldest child (?) born PA Sept 1849.
Thanks for any help,
Fran

Jeanie Johnston Passenger List

Posted: 30 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2001 12:48AM GMT
Surnames: Corcoran
I have been researching my great grandfather, John Corcoran, who came to the United States from Ireland. One family member recalls that John arrived in Baltimore but we have yet to determine what ship he came on. He eventually moved to Illinois and married Marcie (Mary) Stapleton on 16 June 1855. They later moved to Kansas. John and Marcie had 9 children, one of which was my grandfather, Arthur John Corcoran. One family member has information that John was born in Wexford County, Ireland on 31 August, 1825. Please let me know if the Corcoran on the ship's list is a John Corcoran. Thank you.

ship list

jane frost (View posts)
Posted: 17 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Commane
Would like the name,age, occupation of the above Commane. Thanks.

Ship Jeanie Johnston

John Barrett (View posts)
Posted: 19 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: COMMANE
The following passenger's named Commane were on the ship arriving in
Poprt of Baltimore ON 4 May 1749 from Tralee (left in mid-March)
Mary Commane, age 26, wife (husbands name not given);
John Commane, age 8, child;
Dan Commane, age 40, farmer;
Mary Commane, age 36, wife;
Edward Commane, age 12, child.

Hope this helps you,
Jack Barrett barrett@dmv.com
Ocean City, MD 21842

O'Leary in Baltimore

Posted: 21 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 1:33PM GMT
Surnames: O'Leary
Interested in any O'Leary's or Manning (spelling?) on the Passenger list. James O'Leary from Cork City and Bridget O'Leary(nee Manning?) from County Roscommon. At the very least, Bridgets mother also emigrated. Unsure at this time of other parents. gleary@cablespeed.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic