Search for content in message boards

William Carr/ Sarah Eskridge

William Carr/ Sarah Eskridge

Posted: 27 Nov 2010 3:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
This is an obvious old headache that we all are trying to find. Sarah Eskridge and William drop off the face of the earth. I cannot seem to find Sarah Eskridge's parents or even if she really is Eskridge. I have seemed to havew found that there was a William and Sarah who married in England and I don't have the means right now to upgrade an look at those records. If anyone else can or has subscribed to the world upgrade, I found a William Carr and Sarah Hitchcock who were married around the time of 1675. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I researched this all day and that was I could come up with. The theory that they came over from England and her name was not eskridge at all. But who knows.

Re: William Carr/ Sarah Eskridge

Posted: 27 Oct 2011 8:51AM GMT
Surnames: Eskridge, Carr
I have an old post that I just came across tonight with some ziGI records and conjecture about Sarah Eskridge and her parents. If you email me I will send it to you if you want to take a look at it. You can reach me at :
maggieleecombs@gmail.com

Posted: 5 Apr 2012 6:06PM GMT
I have never seen any proof that Sarah was an Eskridge, but it appears possible. As to William he did not drop off - he died.

Westmoreland WD 3-126, Will of WILLIAM CARR, +/30/1702/3, 2/24/1702/3 My dwelling to son Joseph; dau. Sarah [THOMAS] the plantation in possession of William Garner. dau. Elizabeth plantation where David Thomas lives 100 acres by estimate; daus. Hannah 100? acres Forest of Nomini, Martha 100 acres Nomini, Mary 150 acres Nomini, Ann 70 acres Nomini adjacent to Mary; Jane [COLEMAN] Carr the remainder of the land I bought of JOHN EARLE* if she lives to 18; wife Sarah; friends Neighbor Daniel McCarty and George Eskridge trustees and guardians. [My abstract]

William Carr, d. 1702 father of Elizabeth who married John Bailey, Jr. Mary who married Wm.IV Walker, 1680-1733. Sarah m. James Thomas. Jane m. James Coleman Martha m.Wm Lane. Ann m. Jacob Remy. Hannah m. Robt. Tidwell.

Posted: 14 Apr 2013 3:58PM GMT
Can you give me the name of William's Father and Mother--I would appreciate it--Thanks

Posted: 14 Apr 2013 8:15PM GMT
There does not seem to be anything on William Carr before 1691. I checked the adjoining counties. I have no idea as to his parents.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions