Search for content in message boards

Sarah Horn b 1790 d/o Jeremiah Horn

Sarah Horn b 1790 d/o Jeremiah Horn

Posted: 4 Sep 2003 2:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
My ancestor, Sarah Horn was born 8 Jul 1790 in TN and married N=Benjamin Fleenor. Children all born in Washington Co. VA.

Trying to prove her parents: Jeremiah Horn born 1755 in NC and died 1834 in TN. Had a brother named Jesse Horn born 14 May 1779 Washington Co. VA and antoher brother Anthony Horn born 22 Apr 1777 Washington Co. VA.

It is rumored that this family is Cherokee but no proof.

Anyone familuar with this Jeremiah Horn with daughter Sarah and sons Jesse and Anthony?

Re: Sarah Horn b 1790 d/o Jeremiah Horn

Mark Ballard (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 2003 12:58PM GMT
Surnames: Horn, Purcell, Peele
The details are somewhat different, but I do have Jeremiah Horn (1763-1811) with a son Jesse (b. 5/17/1790). Here's a link to my family tree at Rootsweb that has the details. Let me know if this seems to be the same family. I don't have Sarah, but I was concentrating mainly on my direct line.

http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&...

Carolyn Ellertson (View posts)
Posted: 6 May 2004 4:57AM GMT
Surnames: Horn, HIcks, Dougherty, Ledbetter, Duckett
Who is doing the rumoring? There was a Jeremiah Horn who married Alsie/Elsie Hicks, daughter of a Cherokee Chief, but some believe there are two unrelated lines in the same vicinities. I'm a shirt tail relative only from the standpoint that my great grandmother was married to one of Jeremiah and Elsie's sons. A good friend of mine, however, is looking for Jeremiah's elusive "unknown white wife" that everyone is looking for. She is a descendant of her and Jeremiah. I have forwarded the link to her. Maybe she'll get on board.

Posted: 6 May 2004 2:25PM GMT
Family members told me that. Also my great grandfather siad he was of Cherokee descent, or else that was what was passed down in the family. Then in Wise Co. VA Heritage books, the Horn's are referred to as being Cherokee. There is a Horn Cemetery in Wise Co. VA too, near St. Paul. Maybe that is why I;m not finding anything too, more than one line coming together. Thanks for forwarding the link on to the other lady. We may connect who knows?

Carolyn Ellertson (View posts)
Posted: 7 May 2004 3:45PM GMT
Edited: 8 Nov 2005 2:07AM GMT
Karen: try this: key in "familytreemaker and James Hicks book". There is lots of Cherokee lineages in it.

Posted: 2 Jul 2005 6:08PM GMT
I have been searching for the parents of Anthony Horn born April 22,1777 VA. He married Susannah Fleenor. They
had these children Henry, John, Nancy, Joel (my ggrandfather),Lydia, Elizabeth, Isabella, and Amanda.
You think Jeremiah and Jesse are Anthony's brothers?
Do you know who are their parents?
Thank you,
LaDeana Crosswhite

Posted: 21 Oct 2008 12:59AM GMT
Carolyn-
No rumors, just that over the years Grandpa Jeremiah had four different wives- First: a "white" woman (name unknown), and then he married three mixed blood Cherokees: Alcia Hicks (one of my grandmothers); Elizabeth McCarty and Cynthia Dougherty (another of my grandmothers- it's rather complicated!).

Regards!

Jerri (Rogers) Chasteen
Claremore OK
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions