Search for content in message boards

1830's Larne, McKillop Family

1830's Larne, McKillop Family

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 4:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Jan 2013 2:03PM GMT
Surnames: MCKILLOP, BLAIR
I'm looking for information about my Third Great Grandfather. His name was John McKillop and he was born in Ireland in the 1830's. He died in Dalry, Scotland in 1888. A Daniel McKillop was Godfather to John's oldest son William. I'm not sure how Daniel is related. On Daniel's daughter's birth record, it shows that Daniel married his wife Matilda Blair in Larne in May 1852. My family was Catholic. John married an Elizabeth Jane Blair and his parents where James McKillop and Mary Mickluteen (not sure of spelling).

So where is the best place to look for information in Larne from the 1830-1850? Any information would help.

Thanks,
Sean McKillop

Re: 1830's Larne, McKillop Family

Posted: 25 Jan 2013 4:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McKillop, Rea
Hi

This gravestone is in Glynn Graveyard

McKillop
[Beside row of Mulholland stones]. Erected by Daniel McKillop, Glynn, in memory of his faithful wife Margaret McKillop who died 21st Feby. 1891 aged 62 years. Also their son Malcolm aged 29 years who perished at sea by the stranding of the SS Bickley on Call Rock, Scotland, 8 Oct 1884. The above named Daniel McKillop died 1st April 1910 aged 78 years. Also his daughter Margaret REA who died 28th January 1924 aged 59 years.
Dear mother is gone and we are left
the loss of her to mourn.
But may we hope to meet with her
with Christ before God's Throne.

Maggie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions