Surnames: Drummond, Stewart
They had the following children in Belfast, Antrim:
1830 John
1833 Julia Anne
1835 Janet & Margaret (twins)

Re: looking for marriage of James Drummond & Julieanne Stewart

Posted: 6 Feb 2013 4:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
There are two bmd websites for Belfast, Antrim.

www.emeraldancestors.come

and www.rootsireland.ie

both a pay websites but emerald allows you to view first but I think the second would be easier to use both their names to look for a marriage. I would put the year
about 1830. You can also then search for any other
siblings if there were any.

You can also look in the Tithe Applotments but early for James as they probably didn't have their own place till after marriage. 1820-1839
www.genealogy.nationalarchives.ie

if still in Ireland for the Griffith Valuation 1846-1864 try:
www.askaboutireland.ie

Annette Code

Posted: 6 Feb 2013 9:47PM GMT
Thanks, but those websites don't offer any new information

Posted: 7 Feb 2013 12:02AM GMT
The records you are looking for are before the start of statutory birth and marriage registration. You would therefore need to rely on church records, where they survive. Only a handful of churches records in Belfast for that era are on-line.

You would need to know the denomination and the church(es) where the marriage and baptisms took place. If you knew that, you could then look up the records in PRONI, Belfast. But if you don’t know that, then it’s a needle in a haystack. (There were over 100 churches in Belfast in the 1830s).

Posted: 7 Feb 2013 12:11AM GMT
Edited: 7 Feb 2013 12:59AM GMT
It would probably be St Anne's Church of Ireland, Shankill where their children were baptised
Attachments:

Posted: 7 Feb 2013 2:04AM GMT
I saw on the Foundation Church of Ireland Shankill but wasn't sure enough to give you the information as a fact.

Shankill Parish baptism records exist from 1817-1927 but they have no marriage records.

Latter Day Saints:
I have a CD with marriages for Belfast, Church of Ireland, it doesn't say St. Anne's or Shankill.

No marriages for James & Julieanne Stewart
These other Belfast marriages 1847-1862 all have different father's names so more than one Drummond family
again no St. Anne's or Shankill by name.

Fathers: Robert Drummond, John Drummond, James Drummond

I also checked ALL Ireland not just Antrim with both names
but no matches. Perhaps Elwyn knows why the Church of Ireland had registrations of marriages from 1845 and did all Parish's do that? I know the RC started 1864+

If you want the details let me know.

The Church of Ireland Representative Library website
www.library.ireland.anglican.org states that records from Northern Ireland parish which are not retained in local custody are held at the Public Records Office: PRONI

However, the Representative Library do have baptisms for St. Mary's, Belfast from 1867 to 1957 as well as marriages and deaths. Not that those will do you any good and you need to
do in person research.

Annette Code

Posted: 7 Feb 2013 2:12AM GMT
No worries - thanks for trying.

I wonder what happened to the kids John and Janet. Can't see any hints on ancestry.com

Julieanne died abt Aug 1888 in Armagh, Ireland.

My ancestor Julie Anne B:1833 came to Australia in 1853 with her sister Margaret on passenger ship Earl of Elgin (source: NSW Assisted Migrants List).
per page

Find a board about a specific topic