Search for content in message boards

Corscadden from Coleraine

Corscadden from Coleraine

Posted: 12 Feb 2013 12:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
John Corscadden married Esther McIlvar in Coleraine Ireland, in August 1890

John had a brother George Corscadden who also lived in Coleraine, Ireland

I believe John and George Corscadden were both born in Donegal.

John and Esther had a son named John who was born in Carnsampson, Ballycastle, Ireland in 1895

Does anyone have any further information on this family.
Thanks, Anne.

Re: Corscadden from Coleraine

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 1:24PM GMT
Surnames: Corscadden
Esther McIlvar was my great grandmother. She was previously married to John McLean and they had one daughter Esther who was my grandmother. When Esther and John Corscadden got married they moved from Coleraine to the area around Ballycastle. You can find them in the 1901 and 1911 census but I think the name is misspelt. I can look it up for you if you want. John was a dealer in ponies and horses as far as I know and he died in 1928. I have tried to find out where their son John went but without success. I am not sure where John was born but there are a lot of Corscaddens in Killowen, Coleraine around that time and that is where Esther and John McLean lived. I know this might not be much help but if you want to message again I will try to help you if I can

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 8:59PM GMT
Oh my goodness. You are the contact I have been looking for.
My email is. Happyoldlady@ hotmail.com I would be overjoyed to hear from you.

The headstone says Brown yet my mum has told me that the McLean and. Corscadden family are buried in the same plot. The headstone sits by a fence under a tree.

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 9:26PM GMT
I should have mentioned the following.

John corscadden the son was also known as John mcLean as his older sister was Esther McLean.

He is my grandfather - my mums father.

My mum and I would be delighted to hear from you.

Posted: 7 May 2013 7:13PM GMT
Edited: 7 May 2013 7:16PM GMT
Yes I believe the Donegal Corscaddens are related to Tony Blair ex Prime Minister of the U.K. They in turn I believe have conncetions to the Corscadden Family i.e. Sean & Bridgie
Nee Melia who used own and ran very successfully the Hotel on Church St, opposite the R.C. Church, Kilcock, Co. Kildare. Ireland. There are still some members of this family living further along Church St, in Kilcock.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic