Search for content in message boards

Red River Parish Families

Red River Parish Families

Posted: 12 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Jul 2001 9:44PM GMT
Surnames: DeFee, Hamous, Vanveckhoven, Woodel, Woodle
Seeking information on William T. Hamous (Polhemus) who m. Mamie DeFee, daughter of ______ of Red River Parish. Also any information on Rosa Lee Vanveckhoven who m. John Silas Woodel, son of George Boardman Woodel. Any help appreciated.

Thanks, Millie

Hamous Family

Hershel Culpepper (View posts)
Posted: 16 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hamous, DeFee
The following are buried in Bethany Cemetery in northern Natchitoches Parish, just south of the Red River Parish line:
William Thomas Hamous 15 Aug 1878 - 8 Apr 1951;
Mamie DeFee Hamous 30 Jul 1871 - 1 Sep 1957;
James W. DeFee "COC" 12th La Inf, CSA;
Eliza A. DeFee 1849 - 1927;
Otis S. DeFee 2 Dec 1880 - 19 Feb 1953

Hamous Family

Posted: 17 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jul 2001 9:44PM GMT
Surnames: Hamous, DeFee
Thanks a million for the information on William Thomas Hamous and Mamie DeFee Hamous. I have searched everywhere and had begun to give up hope of ever finding them. They was my ex-husband's maternal grandparents, so I really appreciate that information. Would you know where Francois Hamous (or Polhemus) is buried?

Millie

Re: Red River Parish Families

Posted: 31 Jan 2002 3:28PM GMT
Edited: 19 Mar 2002 3:49AM GMT
Surnames: Woodel, Woodle, Smith, Robeson, Robison
Hi, We have been searching for the Grave of George Boardman Woodel and his wife Mary Amanda Robeson (Robison) for a number of years. Their daughter, Julia Serilda Woodel was my gr-grandmother. We have been told that they were buried somewhere around Sugartown?

Millie (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 2002 10:26PM GMT
Surnames: Woodel
Hi, Judy:

I haven't found their gravesites yet, although I have searched, all but Red River Parish, since their cemeteries aren't yet listed on the internet. I believe Sugartown falls in Beauregard Parish, and I never thought to look there for their graves. You might want to try there. If you have any success, I would appreciate your sharing the information with me. Julia Sarilda was a sister to my ex-husband's grandfather, John Silas Woodel? I believe that's right. I'll also look at some sources I can access to see if I can help you.

Regards,

Millie

Posted: 6 Mar 2002 12:08AM GMT
Edited: 21 Mar 2002 11:03PM GMT
MY GGRANDFATHER WAS JOHN SILAS WOODEL HE MARRIED ROSIE LEE VAN-VECKHOVEN. I JUST STARTED TRYING TO DO FINE ALL OF THESE PEOPLE SO IM NEW AT ALL THIS. MY GRAND MOTHER IS BESSIE LEE FLOYD WOODEL. SHE MARRIED JOHNNIE FLOYD. HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME GET STARTED. THANK YOU SANDRA

Posted: 19 Jul 2002 11:53PM GMT
Hi. I am a VanVeckhoven. Rose was a very common name in our family. Maybe I can help you out.

Posted: 7 Feb 2003 5:24AM GMT
Hands Cemetary in Coushatta Louisiana there are some buried out there.

Posted: 9 Feb 2003 12:11PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jul 2004 10:15PM GMT
Thanks Kathy! I'll add that to my list to check.

Millie (View posts)
Posted: 9 Feb 2003 3:52PM GMT
Surnames: Woodel/VanVeckhoven
Hi, Sandra:

I was married to Arthur Ray Woodel, nephew of your grandmother, Bessie Woodel Floyd. Art's father was George Francis Woodel who married Myrtis Hamous. The two of Bessie's children that I knew personally were Dottie and Theresa.

I have a lot of information that I have collected on your Woodel family and will be happy to share what I have with you. Let me know if you'd like me to send it to you snail mail.

Which of the Floyd children do you spring from?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions