Search for content in message boards

Birchett's 1600's

Birchetts of Pr Geo Co, Va

Posted: 15 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Oct 2003 3:52PM GMT
Surnames: Birchett, Blick
I am researching the Birchett/Blick ancestors in Pr Geo Co and will look for yours also. What is your furtherest back one? My first one is Mary Birchett who md Thos Blick and he died about 1773. Her father was a Robert that I am researching.

Birchett's 1600's

Fred Birchett (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Birchett
I am looking for information on the Birchett's 1600 and 1700 in Virginia. I will share my information on the Birchett's dating from about 1800 to present. I am at a road block connecting back to Richard, James, Edward, and Robert Birchett.

Birchett surname

j a birchett (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: birchett
would like to exchange info on Birchett families dating from 1700's in prince george co; at present can only go back to 1820's in TN; hope to find connections.

Birchett/Burchett in McNairy Co, TN

J. A. Birchett (View posts)
Posted: 24 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Birchett, Burchett, Burchet
My gg grandfather was Abner Birchett(spelled Burchet in 1850 TN census from Henderson Co) born in 1823. At this time, we are trying to find his father and a connection to the Birchett's in Prince George Co. VA. We think his father may have been Elijah born in 1783 in North or South Carolina. Maybe there is a connection there? Wouldn't that be great.

Thanks for your help

Jo Ann Birchett

BIRCHETT/BURCHETT in McNAIRY CO., TN

Posted: 24 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jan 2002 6:55PM GMT
Surnames: BURCHETT, BIRCHETT, BARNES
I am also a descendant of John and his son Dennis BURCHETT/BIRCHETT who Randall Baker outlined in his query in November, 2000. Other sons we know of were James and John. Are you descended from this same family who were in McNairy Co., TN?

Can you help make some connections for us since you have information back to the 1820's?

John was born 1782 in NC and Dennis was born 1819. My husband's grandmother was born 1855 in McNairy County,TN, but then their family moved to NE Arkansas (Greene/Clay County)when she was a young girl.

Thanks for any help.

Betty Kocher Lusk

Birchett surname

J. A. Birchett (View posts)
Posted: 25 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Birchett, Burchett, Burchet
Hi Fred. Thanks for the reply. I would love to see the data you have. Since I am just really getting started, I cannot go back beyond 1823 with certainty. That is the stumbling block. If Abner's family originally came from Prince George Co., maybe your data will be the connecting link. Sure hope so. Abner married Mary Catherine Smith in 1853 according to family tales. Children were George Washington(1865-1954), Elen(1863-1949), Marion(1868-1938),Robert(1872-1897), Helen(1870-1961), Jasper(1857-?),Mary(1859-?), Wright(1861-?), and Henry (1873-1879). As the story goes, Henry died after being kicked by a mule. Do any of these names fit your data?

Thanks,
Jo Ann Birchett

Birchett's of Prince George

Fred Birchett (View posts)
Posted: 25 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Birchett
Hello, I have info on the Birchett's of Prince George back to the late 1700's. I can go back only to Peter and Drewery both of the same county. I have th tree from then forward. Can you go back any farther? Fred Birchett

Re: Birchett/Burchett in McNairy Co, TN

Jon Foshee (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2002 6:27AM GMT
Surnames: Birchett, Barrow, Gately, Jordan
I just posted the following in the Henderson County Tennessee Board. Could there be some connection to your Ancestry?

I am looking for who may be the father of William Thomas Birchett b.8/19/1854 in Henderson Co. and d.11/14/1946. His mother was Penelope Barrow b.12/12/1829 in N.C. and d.? Penelope was the daughter of Sherrod Barrow b.7/8/1810 in N.C.and d.1876. W.T. Birchett was married to Texasanna Gately b.11/28/1856 in Henry Co. and d.7/8/1940. W.T. and T.A. Birchett are my grandmother Opal (Jordan) Wilson's grandparents.

The story told by my 95 year old grandmother, is that when W.T. was a small child (1860?), his father would come back at night to visit with his mother. W.T. would act as if he were asleep, and listen to them talk. His father would plead with Penelope that she and the children come with him to wherever he lived. He told her that he had mailed her letters, but it seems that her father Sherrod had been burning them in the fireplace. This is all that I know about W.T.'s father.

I am also looking for any information concerning Penelope such as when she died, where she is buried, where her father is buried, the date of his death, etc. My grandmother also tells me that when her mother Dessie (Birchett) Jordan was a small child, she remembered Penelope as being paralyzed, and living with her parents W.T. and T.A. Birchett. This would have been sometime after 1890. Penelope is listed in the 1880 Census as 50 years old, and living in W.T. Birchetts household.

Thanks

Re: Birchett/Burchett in McNairy Co, TN

Posted: 17 Jan 2002 12:52AM GMT
Edited: 5 Mar 2004 3:25AM GMT
It's great to hear from you, but I don't see any connection unless William Thomas' father was a brother or cousin to my gg grandfather Abner. Since I don't know any of his (my gg grandfather's) siblings, I'm at a stopping point. Maybe somebody will see this msg and fill in the blanks. Sure hope so.

Re: Birchett's of Prince George

Posted: 19 Jun 2003 3:02PM GMT
Edited: 19 Feb 2004 5:44PM GMT
Surnames: Burchett, Lewis, Bressie
Looking for more info on family of Robert Burchett c.1744-1796 Prince George Co. (wills, births, deaths, marriages etc.)
children:
Robert
Edward
James
William
Elizabeth
Martha (Patsy) m. James Sturdivant in Lunenburg 1788
Mary
(list from William S. Burchett website)

I have an Elizabeth Burchett b.abt 1785, m.1806 in Mecklenburg VA to Thomas Lewis. This Thomas Lewis is a grandson of Edward Lewis and Mary Bressie of Prince George Co. VA.

I am trying to find her Parents. I can't seem to connect her anywhere, this is the first I've seen an Elizabeth in a favorable family.

Mandy

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions