Search for content in message boards

Queen Ester Lindley about 1816 Orange Co, NC

Queen Ester Lindley about 1816 Orange Co, NC

Posted: 13 Oct 2000 5:07PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jun 2001 2:52AM GMT
Searching for information on Queen Ester Lindley who married Alexander Clark in Orange County N.C. about 1816. Would like to find names of any children of this marriage.

Thanks,
Chris

Queen Ester Lindley

Posted: 3 Jan 2001 1:49PM GMT
Edited: 30 Dec 2001 9:53PM GMT
There was a Esther Lindley born about 1788 to Jonathan Lidnley and Deborah Dicks, they were married on 4 Jan 1775 in Orange Co,. N.C. (They had 12 children) Jonathan's parents were Thomas Lindley/Ruth Hadley, married on 21 Oct 1731 in New Garden PA..
If this is the right one send me email and I will send you a ged file of this family.
Thanks JimLindley

Their Children

Posted: 3 Jan 2001 1:54PM GMT
Edited: 30 Dec 2001 9:53PM GMT
Sorry I didn't read your message fully. I do not have any children for Esther Lindley.
JimLindley

Thomas Ruth (Hadley) Lindley

Ben Drollinger (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jan 2001 10:43AM GMT
James,

My part of the family can from Jonathan Lindley, son of Thomas and Ruth (Hadley) Lindley. I am looking for detail information on their son William Lindley (b,12/17/1742) such as his will, what he did during the American Rev. etc.

Any thing you have woudl help.

Ben

William Lindley

Posted: 1 Feb 2001 7:45PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2003 3:13AM GMT
Info I have notes that his will is on file at
Hillsboro, North Carolina.

Re: Thomas Ruth (Hadley) Lindley

Posted: 27 Jul 2002 4:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
William Lindley was a Tory and died at the hands of two of his fellow Tories when he turned coat and removed to New River. He was one of Tarletons favorites and when Tarleton caught the two he hung them on the same branch of a tree. William left a wife and at least 2 children one being Thomas Lindley Jr who bought the Lindley Mill from the estate of Hugh Laughlin in 1796 thus he owned both halves of the partnership

Jim Lindley

Re: Thomas Ruth (Hadley) Lindley

Posted: 20 Mar 2003 8:30PM GMT
Edited: 28 Dec 2004 12:33AM GMT
Surnames: Lindley
Jim, I would love more info on these Lindleys. I have 3 lines that go back to Thomas Lindley and Ruth Hadley.
Nancy

Re: Queen Ester Lindley about 1816 Orange Co, NC

Posted: 14 May 2005 5:43PM GMT
Surnames: LINDLEY, LYNCH, PHILLIPS, COOPER, HENDRICKSON, DICKSON
Have you found what you are looking for yet? There is a document in the library at Paoli, Indiana, entitled "Voices of the Past," and chapter 7 is about the Lindleys of Orange County. According to this document, Queen Esther was born May 23, 1794 to Jonathan Lindley and Deborah Dicks. Jonathan Lindley led a group of pioneers to Orange County, IN in 1812 and they were the earliest settlers in this area. Esther married Alexander Clark on Dec. 23, 1818. He was the son of William and Eleanor Clark of North Carolina. Esther had a twin sister Catherine, who married Ned NcVey. This book has a section on 9 of Jonathan Lindley's children, including Queen Esther. However, I only copied the section for my ancestor Zacharias. Perhaps you could contact the Paoli library and get more information if you are still searching.

Posted: 3 Mar 2007 2:54PM GMT
Hi Chris
yes they did have children Samuel Clark, Jonathan Clark b:
1817 in Ind, William Clark b: 1 Sept 1819 in Ind, Cathrine
Clark b: 22 May 1824 in Orange Co, Ind, Eleanor Clark b: May 8 1830 in Orange Co Ind, Deborah Clark b: Mar 13 1833 in Ind. William and Queen Esther are my GR GR GR Grandparnets. Hope this helps you Tama

Posted: 18 Sep 2013 3:49PM GMT
Surnames: ClaudiaAdams55
I'm looking for some Lindley my Grandpa Thomas Lindley my Uncle Royce sad there was a Lindley Mill.
How can I fine out about it.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic