Search for content in message boards

John Richard McKee, South AL

John Richard McKee, South AL

Posted: 2 Jan 2000 7:24AM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2001 11:22AM GMT
I am looking for info on my great grandfather, married to Bessie Leonard. From around Haycote Rte, Florala, AL. Children:Vallie Lee and others

John Richard McKee

Lisa Jackson (View posts)
Posted: 30 Mar 2000 5:54PM GMT
John Richard McKee was my husband's Great Grand Father. My husband's name is Carlton.
Would like to compare notes with you.

John Richard McKee

Posted: 31 Mar 2000 5:36PM GMT
I have very limited info on my Great grandfather. I do have the names of all of his children. I would love to see anything you have and will gladly share my info. Just let me know what you're looking for, how we're related. Thanks so much for responding!!

John Richard McKee

Lisa Jackson (View posts)
Posted: 1 Apr 2000 4:33AM GMT
Susie,
I have names of the children also. Myrtice was my husbands's grandmother. I do know that John Richard's father was John Bodiford McKee.I just started researching about 1 week ago so I don't have alot of info. My e-mail address is Leezajay@aol.com.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Posted: 6 Apr 2000 11:43AM GMT
It sounds like both of us are pretty new at this. I'll send you what I have and we can compare.

John Richard Mckee

Bob McKee (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2001 9:04PM GMT
John Richard was my grandfather, he was the son of Green Gauley McKee, and his wife was named Melvina.. there may have been a second wife later, don't know. I do know he had 10 children, one of which died in infancy. The other 9 were Robert, Will, John, Gauley, James Mallard (my father), Alice, Jonah, Daniel and Dick or Richard. This family lived at the Green Bay community north of Florala, and my Uncle Will is buried at Chapel Hill where he and my father farmed during the late 1930s and early 1940s. THe old McKee home place is located on land owned by Mr. Cravey which I think is on County Road 20 east of AL Hwy 55 just south of the Yellow River. All John Richard's children are deceased, but many members of the McKee family settled in Walton County, Florida, which is where I was reared -- although I was born in Geneva Co., AL. John Richard was born on Feb 2, 1847, and his father Green Gauley was born in 1828. I believe Gauley's father John came to the US from Scotland about 1790. I have recently begun an attempt to find info on Green Gauley and his father, John. As for John Richard, of course, I never knew him, because he died before I was born. But one of my older brothers has quite a bit of information about the family. I know that he was a superb musician, especially with the fiddle, which is the ability my own father acquired. He was also apparently a fine blacksmith, and the 1900 census lists the occupation of his son Gauley as a blacksmith. I knew this uncle well, because he lived close to us in Walton County. If you wish to e-mail me at rkmckee@attglobal.net, I will give you any additional information. I would certainly like to cross reference with you and Lisa Jackson.

Re: John Richard Mckee

Posted: 15 Jul 2013 2:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
ive been stumped on find the john Richard McKee from Ireland have you had any luck finding anything on him my dad was Mallory McKee and his father was hurbert r McKee and his wife was dolan McKee/Harrison please let me know if you have any info
per page

Find a board about a specific topic