Search for content in message boards

More Muirhead questions?

More Muirhead questions?

Laura Jobb (View posts)
Posted: 23 Sep 2005 11:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Muirhead
Looking for info about Gavin Muirhead(b.1773 Scotland)and wife Janet Smith(b.1777 Scotland).They were married 1808 in Scotland. Who were their children? I am wondering if my gggrandmother (Elizabeth b.1827/28 Scotland) was a daughter. Her husband was William Muirhead(b. 1819 Ontario). Their children were Alex(william's father was Alex), Gavin(maybe named for Elizabeth's father) and Jessie Smith(maybe named for Elizabeth's mother). I know sometimes names were passed down in a certain order. This could all just be coincidence but I'm hoping there might be a connection.

Re: More Muirhead questions?

David Grossett (View posts)
Posted: 22 Oct 2006 9:10PM GMT
Second message - Laura - looked up William Muirhead who married an Elizabeth ?. They had three children - Jessie, Alexander and Gavin. No more information.
The source was a now deceased member of the Muirhead Clan Society.
http://www.clanmuirhead.com
So, I suspect these two groups should be connected and will ask our clan genealogist to look into the matter. She would be delighted to assist you further. Susan Shaw is listed on the listed website.

Re: More Muirhead questions?

Laura Jobb (View posts)
Posted: 22 Oct 2006 10:37PM GMT
David. Thank you for your replies. This gives me a little bit more hope that my Elizabeth is indeed a daughter to Gavin?Janet. There are so many familiar first names that I really think they are related. The only bit I do know about Elizabeth is that she was born in Scotland around 1828. Do you know if/when Gavin/Janet ever immigrated to Canada?

As for Elizabeth's and William's family I have managed to collect quite a bit of info. In the past, Susan did send me some Muirhead info, but I did find that some of it was incorrect.
One more question. I found what I believe to be the marriage reg. of Elizabeth/William. It states a William Muirhead married Elizabeth Muirhead. With the same last name and both born in Scotland, is there a chance that they were distant cousins?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic