Search for content in message boards

Parents of Delos E. Swallow

Parents of Delos E. Swallow

Posted: 12 Aug 2006 3:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Oct 2006 12:29AM GMT
I have finally found the mother of Delos E. Swallow. So if anyone has any additional information on his parents John Swallow and Ethel Robbinson or Robbins it would be greatly appreciated. John was born in texas and ethel in illinois they had Delos in oklahoma in 1917.

Re: Parents of Delos E. Swallow

Posted: 25 Oct 2006 11:25PM GMT
Edited: 4 Nov 2006 12:38AM GMT
Surnames: Swallow
Probably already noticed this in the 1920 census, but I'd be looking for a Felix W. Swallow (abt 1860 Indiana) as John's father. He appears next door to your John & Ethel. However, it would appear that Felix may have remarried as his wife Alice doesn't appear to be John's mother. The mother-in-law, Mary Ann Petty, may be the mother of Felix's previous wife. Note she was born in Mississippi the same as John's mother. I did a quick look for a Felix Swallow in 1900 and 1910 but didn't find one.

Posted: 2 Nov 2010 5:49PM GMT
Surnames: SWALLOWS - GIBBS - THOMPSON - POWELL
Are you related to this Swallow(s) line? Felix Swallow is the brother to my Jacob Swallows. Yes, my line kept the "s" where others didn't. It is believed this Swallow(s) line descends from Andrew Swallows found in Overton County TN and can be traced back to PA.

Debbie SWALLOWS Lowman
Southern Illinois

Posted: 3 Nov 2010 1:40PM GMT
Sorry, but no I'm not. I was just helping out. My Swallow relations (mother's side of family) came from Delaware/North Carolina/Indiana/ Iowa
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions