Search for content in message boards

AFT Software Reload

AFT Software Reload

Posted: 27 Sep 2005 11:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, I have been using AFT Version 9.0.3 for a while on my PC. I would now like to load it on to a laptop, but can't see where to download it from. Is it still available for free download? I don't want to learn a new package, now I am used to AFT software. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Re: AFT Software Reload

Posted: 28 Sep 2005 3:29AM GMT
Edited: 11 Nov 2006 3:26AM GMT
Well, I just had a shock! Ancestry.com has replaced the link to the free AFT download with one to the FTM Starter Edition. Looks like you can't get it anymore.

If you want to pay a little for a program that was written by the same folks who wrote AFT but has even more features, download Ancestral Quest.

I need to replace now defunct AFT!

Doug (View posts)
Posted: 22 Oct 2005 10:06PM GMT
Hello,

I am very much hoping to find someone who would email me a copy of AFT. I had a major computer failure and lost my copy, and all my files are in AFT format! I have scoured the web, and ancestry.com's website, and there is no evidence of it being available to download. I'm in a bit of a panic (and know now to make gedcom backups) given how much work is trapped in those files. Thanks very much in advance.

Doug Sinclair
declair59@netscape.net

Re: I need to replace now defunct AFT!

Posted: 23 Oct 2005 4:56PM GMT
If you want to pay a little for a supported version that has even more features than AFT, get Ancestral Quest.
http://www.ancquest.com/aqindex.htm

It's written by the same fols who wrote AFT. It will use your same data file.

Posted: 16 Dec 2005 9:22PM GMT
I'm in a similar situation, when i try to import my .AFT file into FTM, it crashes and closes unexpectedly. So i need to get a hold of an AFT installer from somewhere. Have you had any luck?

Posted: 17 Dec 2005 1:49AM GMT
Your best bet is to buy Ancestral Quest.

Gail (View posts)
Posted: 17 Dec 2005 1:15PM GMT
Did either of you find a copy of the old AFT software? If not, let me know and I'll send to you. I am still using it as well.

Gail

dan williams (View posts)
Posted: 19 Dec 2005 4:00PM GMT
I am teaching a boy scout genealogy merit badge class and had planned to have them download the AFT software as well for use in completing their merit badge requirements. I anticipate needing to download it to a laptop at a later date as well. Of course now there is no down load available. I found the installation package on my computer that was put there when I down loaded the program before. It seems to have everything in it but, when I have someone try to install from it, it asks for a "data2.cab" file that it can't find. Such a file does not seem to be on my computer on which AFT is already installed. Besides buying Ancestral Quest, does anyone have any ideas?

Posted: 19 Dec 2005 8:04PM GMT
You can always use the FTM Basic free software that you can download from Ancestry.com.

Bruce (View posts)
Posted: 21 Dec 2005 1:51PM GMT
I am in the same boat as the others and would love to have a copy. Thanks loads.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions