Search for content in message boards

Mooseheart Orphanage

Mooseheart Orphanage

Posted: 5 Sep 2011 2:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am wondering if anyone has successfully been able to contact the orphanage regarding relatives who lived in the orphanage. If so, how could I go about doing it? I have relatives who lived there in the 20's and 30's and are curious as to what happened to their family and such and would like to write for more info.

Re: Mooseheart Orphanage

Posted: 4 Oct 2011 10:32PM GMT
Have you tried contacting Mooseheart directly?
http://www.mooseheart.org/default.asp

Posted: 5 Oct 2011 2:11AM GMT
I did try writing to one of the directors, yes, and never any reply at all :( So now I'm not sure where to go with it.

Posted: 5 Oct 2011 12:22PM GMT
check the website I gave you maybe under history might give you someone to contact directly besides a current director.
kathy

Posted: 6 Oct 2011 12:43AM GMT
Unless I'm totally blind, I can't find any other emails besides those of administrators

Posted: 9 Apr 2012 12:59AM GMT
Surnames: Keith
I'm interested in this too. I knew my dad and four of his brothers and sister were in an orphanage, but I always thought it was near their hometown in Pennsylvania. I just found out today, they were actually three states away in Mooseheart. I would love to get info on their time there.

Posted: 30 Apr 2012 1:33AM GMT
My Grandmother and her sister spent close to 5 years at Mooseheart. I contacted them two years ago and they were very helpful in sending information regarding them. I was in contact with Leslie Riemenschneider, one of the assistants to the executive director. Her email is lriemenschneider@mooseheart.org. If you have a chance to visit them, they have a very nice museum with yearbook and much more information.

Posted: 19 Aug 2012 8:46PM GMT
In former times, Moosheart (in Batavia, IL) was the place where orphaned children, or mothers/children, of members of the Moose, would go -- from all over the United States. They would arrive by train, usually... So there were mothers/children there from everywhere. They had to be widows/orphans of Moose members, back then. Today it's open to other children as well.

Posted: 23 Aug 2012 1:48AM GMT
Hello,

We were very successful. I emailed one of the people on Mooseheart's website and gave them the names and dates that I was looking for. They replied and sent me an envelope containing admission records and letters written to my Great Grandfather about his children. We visited the school museum that is full of yearbooks and photos also. Well worth the visit.

Try this email address:
lriemenschneider@mooseheart.org

Posted: 26 Feb 2013 2:15PM GMT
Hi I email moose heart and got infomation on my father and his siblings so if email them they will email you back and then they will send you info in the mail
per page

Find a board about a specific topic