Search for content in message boards

Robinson Family of SLC. NY

Robinson Family of SLC. NY

Posted: 7 Sep 2012 4:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have the Autobiography of my 2nd Great Grandfather Zerah French. Zerah French was born at Willsboro, Essex Co. NY and his father's family, George French removed to SLC. NY in about 1832 according to the children's birth dates. However, my problem is that Zerah married "a pretty scotch girl" named Margaret Robinson in July of 1848. This autobiography states that her father is William Robinson from Perth, Scotland. However I have only found very little on this William Robinson and wondering if anyone knows of him or anything about him? I have him married to an Agnes Provin or Proven? She was born abt. 1800 and died abt. 1842 in Edwards, SLC. NY but do not have proof of this. Zerah's autobiography does not mention Margarets' mother at all so it might have been this Agnes because there is also a sister by this name and a brothers by the names of John and James. Agnes marries a cousin (Margaret's sister) of Zerah's by the name of Stephen French, son of John and Abigail Freeman-French. I know that the French family went to Kent Co. MI in about 1849-1850 per my gr-gr-grandfather's autobiography and at one point they lived in the areas of Algoma, Cannon and Big Rapids also. I have seen John Robinson there too but am wondering what happened to James and his father William? Any ideas would help. Thanks,
Melody

Re: Robinson Family of SLC. NY

Posted: 24 Sep 2012 2:20PM GMT
John (Riley) Robinson was my Gradfathers uncle. My Grandfathers name was Dallas Robinson son of William, son of George. Dallas R. Robinson

Posted: 25 Sep 2012 12:59AM GMT
Is your family out of Perth Scotland then? Zerah French stated in his Autobiography that William Robinson was born there and was part of the last lineage of "Robinson's" out of Perth Scotland. I have heard that William and Agnes Provin/Provan were married in Scotland, came here in about 1821 with one son with them, but after they lived in and around the NY area Oneida Co. I guess they changed their last name to Robertson? Do you know anything about this?I know that on the census for 1850 James Robinson was living with my 2nd great grandparents in Algoma, Kent Co. MI so that's how I figured out who Margaret's family was partly. I appreciate your information on this Robinson family and if you could please make contact with me about them I would greatly appreciate it: m54.ros@comcast.net
Thanks,
Melody

Posted: 25 Sep 2012 10:49AM GMT
I'll share what I have. Dallas

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 1:43AM GMT
Thank you very much!
Melody
per page