Search for content in message boards

AMT Comparisons and Alignment

AMT Comparisons and Alignment

Posted: 10 Jul 2013 1:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
When I compare my Ancestry Member Tree to those trees of others, the alignment is off for the mothers and the spouses. This has been ongoing for weeks now and may have occurred when I upgraded to IE 8, altho I don't know if that has anything to do with it. This problem is really bothersome. Anyone else experiencing this?

Re: AMT Comparisons and Alignment

Posted: 10 Jul 2013 1:23PM GMT
IE 8? The current version is IE 10, I believe.

Have you tried another browser?

Have you checked your zoom factor? (CTRL+ or CTRL-)

Which screen? Profile page?

Posted: 10 Jul 2013 1:51PM GMT
Right IE 10. Thanks.

Same problem in all browsers.

On profile page click on Ancestry Hints in the little box to the right. Then click on the hints Ancestry Family Trees (We found potential matches from __ Public Member Trees). The next page is where alignment problem exists for me. Nothing else is out of whack except the mothers and spouses on this page.

Posted: 10 Jul 2013 2:58PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2013 3:15PM GMT
I've had tree hints turned off since the day that option became available, but I turned it on just to test.

I do not have an issue with alignment in Firefox 22, IE 10, Chrome, Opera or Safari.

Posted: 10 Jul 2013 8:40PM GMT
I've checked this, too, using Chrome and IE 10. The screens look as they normally do in both. Can you post a screen shot to show us what you're seeing?

Posted: 11 Jul 2013 12:54AM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2013 12:55AM GMT
Here's a snipped portion. Notice that on both sides the mothers and the spouses are not aligned, but the fathers and the children are. Makes it difficult to read/compare.
Attachments:

Posted: 11 Jul 2013 1:31AM GMT
Huh?

What you are seeing, IMHO, is that the 2 files are not exactly the same.

If your record does not have all the same details (city, county, state, continent) as the supposed match, the 2 files will not (and should not, IMHO) align.

IMHO, these differences are a red flag with the intent of reminding you to double/triple/quadrulple check any supposed matches before accepting.

On the other hand - yet another good reason to turn off tree hints.

Posted: 11 Jul 2013 2:27AM GMT
No, sorry, I don't believe that to be the case, unless you and bonedigger and all others are seeing what I am seeing. Thanks.

Posted: 11 Jul 2013 2:28AM GMT
HUH? Notice that the info is NOT the same on both. The place take up two lines on one so naturally they don't align.

Who even said they were supposed to align anyway?

Posted: 11 Jul 2013 2:38AM GMT
Of course the info in not the same, that's not my point. I believe the mother's name should be on the line labeled "Mother" and not floating just above it. Same for the spouse's name. It, too, should be on the line labeled "Spouse" and not floating above. Someone else, please, take a look at and tell me what you see. Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions