James Eugene Hilmar - Obit Please

Posted: 24 Apr 2007 3:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hilmar
Can someone please lookup an obit for:

James Eugene Hilmar/Hilmer
born Jan 16, 1922 in PA
died Dec 21, 1996 in Gainesville, Alachua, FL

I've been looking for this descendant for some time and am trying to find more information and missing sibling. He was supposed to have been a lieutenant in the US Army. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Re: James Eugene Hilmar - Obit Please

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 2:55AM GMT
GLADD TO HELP. THIS WAS MY FATHER RETIRED ARMY COLONEL. ANY INFO YOU NEED LET ME KNOW. HE DIED IN THE ARMS OF MY MOM AND MYSELF

AMIRAMAHHERBS@GMAIL.COM

Re: James Eugene Hilmar - Obit Please

Posted: 6 Mar 2013 2:43PM GMT
The Alachua County Library District has an obituary index and sends them free. However, I found this one on Newsbank:

James E. Hilmar Sr.

Gainesville Sun, The (FL) - Tuesday, December 24, 1996

Retired Col. James E. Hilmar Sr. of Gainesville died Saturday at his home. He was 74.

Mr. Hilmar was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II, the Korean Conflict and the Vietnam War who retired after 33 years. He received the Distinguis Service Cross, two Bronze Stars, two Air Medals, the double Combat Infantry Badge and several foreign decorations and awards.

He was born in Wilson, Pa., and moved to Gainesville in 1975. He was a life member of Disabled American Veterans, the Retired Officers Association and Heritage Links Country Club.

Mr. Hilmar attended St. Joseph's Episcopal Church, where he served on the Mission Board and as chairman of the building committee.

Survivors include his wife, Nan Hilmar of Gainesville; a daughter, Martha H. Reilly of Alachua; a son, James E. Hilmar Jr. of Seattle, and two sisters, Betty Bentley of Atlanta and Florence Davis of Virginia Beach, Va.

Expressions of sympathy may be made as donations to St. Joseph's Building Fund.

Section: News
Record Number: 122496obhilmar243207669
Copyright 1996, 2009, The Gainesville Sun
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions