Search for content in message boards

Any Lost Hatfields ??

Any Lost Hatfields ??

Posted: 28 Jul 2002 1:59AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Nov 2009 4:03AM GMT
Surnames: HATFIELD
Do you have any Hatfields who are lost, or whom you have heard might be Hatfields under another name? Time frame bn. 1850 to 60's to 1914 or so. and beyond. Might be under a name of Bill, Wm. Fate , James or Wiley for a G. father or G. Grandfather. Last name could be Stone, Hatfield, Yeary or others.
This all due to a family situation, I do know the story, and would like very much make contacts with my first cousins.

Please contact me. behydn@tnco.net

Re: Any Lost Hatfields ??

Posted: 30 Jul 2002 1:21AM GMT
Edited: 14 Jul 2005 2:26AM GMT
Betty what area of the country were they ?

Posted: 30 Jul 2002 1:54AM GMT
Edited: 26 Feb 2003 5:18AM GMT
Bobbie, I learned early on in my Hatfield Research not to limit
them to any one area. The ones I have already, were bn. in Tenn. moved to Pike Cty. Ky. and all the way across Ky.
Some of the brother and sisters "went west" as they called it,
My Mom's family spilled over into Indiana. One of my Grandfathers brother took on a whole new identy, so he may never be found. By the way , this family ancesters came out of George, George jr. originally in Virginia.

Posted: 30 Jul 2002 11:25AM GMT
Edited: 14 Jul 2005 2:26AM GMT
We think that Valentine Hatfield 1794 who left TN and was counted in Izard County Arkansas 1840 was GGGgranpa but lose track of most abt 1860 including his son, GGgranpa Wesley 1834, and one of his sons, Benjamin, who has family show up late 1890's. Have made contact with descendants of only one other son Robert, of Valentine.

Posted: 30 Jul 2002 5:44PM GMT

Posted: 14 Aug 2002 5:51PM GMT
Edited: 9 Sep 2002 5:17PM GMT
Surnames: NELSON, MITCHELL, COX, HARRIS, HATFIELD
Have a James Robert MITCHELL s/o Mary MITCHELL & Greenberry HATFIELD

James Robert MITCHELL married Mary Elizabeth COX
had Winnie MITCHELL who married J.V. HARRIS who had Palma HARRIS who married Herschel S. NELSON
Kentucky

Re: Any Lost Hatfields ?? YES!!

Sue Moss (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 2002 2:41PM GMT
Surnames: Hatfield
I have a gg grandfather Peter Hatfield. Born in Tennessee per census records. Was a CW Union soldier out of Massac County Illinois. My ancestors tell me his TN family was very upset with him for leaving to fight the war as a Union soldier, and he was in the Hatfield clan that fought with the McCoys.

Married Frances Matilda Miller in 1856. Squire Richard Hatfield was born in Cairo IL in 1860. Peter died there in 1864.

I find no record of a Peter Hatfield in TN. I am wondering if he changed his first name or used his middle name when he left Tennessee.

Re: Any Lost Hatfields ?? YES!!

Posted: 5 Sep 2002 3:20PM GMT
Surnames: Hatfields, Yerry/Yeary, Stone,
Sue, This would not be unsual for him to have used a middle name , or sometimes even changing their last name for a few years. My Hatfield family did this, so that is why its so very hard to find the cousins. Lucky for me my Grandfather Hatfield was back to his real last name, when he married my Grandmother in 1900. But some of his brothers are something else to find info on. E-mail me privately if you like and we can Hatfield Chat .....Betty

howarth (View posts)
Posted: 16 Oct 2002 7:45PM GMT
hi, i was wounding if your hatfields are realated to the MCcoys too? are there still realives of yours still living in Wv?
do you have lydia hatfield on your tree and who her children are? how long have you been doing this search for the hatfields?

Posted: 16 Oct 2002 9:24PM GMT
Surnames: Hatfields, Morgans, Yeary, Stone
I know some of the Hatfields did marry Mc Coys. I have some in the data-base. My Hatfields bn. in Tn. or Virginia as the earlier ones. We are out of the line of George Hatfield.
I have found some of the Hatfields did marry Mc Coys. My Hatfields went to Pike County from Tn. in abt. 1870. They did a name change at that time however. Back to HAtfield at lest by 1900. when my Grandmother marr. James W. Hatfield.
With these circumstances, I still have not found some of my Grandfathers brothers and sisters. So some could have gone in W. V. not sure. Some of the down lines to us, may or may not know of their Hatfield line. I know some married under the other name. Complicated. I have been working for 3 years. Wwith the internet you can cover a lot territory. Also have been in all areas I know of to visit.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic