Search for content in message boards

Gilliam Reunion

Gilliam Reunion

Posted: 5 Oct 2001 1:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Jan 2002 3:07AM GMT
Gilliam Reunion Date Set

The annual Gilliam Family Reunion will be held on Sunday, October 28, 2001, at the Appomattox County Community Center in Appomattox from 11:30 A.M. - 3:30 P.M. Hosts for this year's reunion are Donald and Diane Gilliam of Pamplin, and Doug and Lona (Gilliam) Burnett of Satellite Beach, Florida.

John Aubrey Gilliam and Lona Reynolds Gilliam were married April 4, 1904, in Farmville and were parents of eight children, grandparents to nineteen, and many great-grandchildren. Their surviving children are Lorene Gilliam Harris of Spout Spring, Myrtle Gilliam Carwile of Cullen, James A. (Jim) Gilliam of Pamplin, Robert (Bob) Gilliam of Richmond, and Marguerite Gilliam Clarkson of Newport News. Their deceased children are the late Gladys Gilliam Carwile of Pamplin, J.Otway Gilliam of Lynchburg, and Clyde W. Gilliam of Pamplin.

All descendants, relatives, and friends of the late J.Aubrey and Lona R. Gilliam are welcome to attend the covered-dish luncheon and celebration on October 28, 2001, in Appomattox. They are encouraged to bring their favorite foods, old photographs, and other family memorabilia to share with family and friends.

If you care to join us plz drop an e-mail so we will have a
idea how many to expect. Look forwarding to seeing you'll there

Re: Gilliam Reunion

Posted: 11 Aug 2011 4:27PM GMT
I just came across this message 8/11/2011.. My great-grandmother was Lena Mae Gilliam daughter of John James Gilliam and Cordela North. I have been researching for about three yeas .. Will be making my second trip up to the Pamplin area in October of this year !! Lena married Alfred M. Wood in 1897.. Alfred was manager of the Pamplin pipe factory in the early 1900's and was a small but partial owner when it burned in the 1930's.. Alfred died at the "old home place" (trying to find where that is..) in 1938 and Lena died in Richmond in 1968.. They are both buried in the Gilliam Cemetary.. Please offer any help on how I can find out more... Violet Wood Hill - Houston,Tx

Re: Gilliam Reunion

Posted: 15 Aug 2012 7:49PM GMT
Just keeping in touch I am daryl gregory gilliam my father was clyde g gilliam and my grandfather was clyde w gilliam
per page

Find a board about a specific topic