Search for content in message boards

Crispin

Crispin

Gordon Crispin Simpson (View posts)
Posted: 24 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Crispin, Simpson
The Crispin name has been in our family for at least 150 years Captain John Simpson R.N. Married Sarah Crispin the daughter of Robert Crispin a Warrant officer R.N. Portsmouth, in 1804, they had 8 sons and 4 daughters. The eldest daughter Sussanna married George Wright , who was later to become Governor of Holloway Goal, North London.The eldest son Benjamin followed his father in the R.N. another boy John Fraser Simpson (my great grand father) went in to teaching. My father reseached the Crispins and found and met a Gilbert Crispin who had the Crispin Mug.It passed to Sarah Crispin to John Simpson, to John's daughter Constance Simpson who married Sutton Lowe and was bought buy Gilbert Crispin just before her death in 1959. The MUG is Lowestoff China, inscribed "Robert Crispin 1779"

Crispin

Robert Rea Crispin (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Crispin, Cunningham, Post, White
I have attemted to trace my pedigree back through my father's side of the family.

He was Melvin Eugene Crispin.

My grandfather was Ephraim Post Crispin. No record of him being a "junior" or the "II" .

My great-grandfather was Ephraim Post Crispin. No record of him being a "senior". Supposedly born in Wheeling, West Virginia. He had a second wife named White.

The Post name is from my great-grandfather's maternal side. I don't know how far back it goes, but my grandmother (my grandfather died before I was born) told me he was descended from the family that established "Post" breakfast cereals in the United States sometime in the 1800's.

She also told me that the Crispin family had immigrated from Cork County, Ireland. The family was not Roman Catholic, however, and my grandmother had a great dislike for Catholics even though her maiden name being Cunningham, is usually is associated with Irish-Catholics. Her father was Eugene Cunningham. Her grandfather was also said to have immigrated from Ireland. I do not know his name.

Crispin Immigration

Diane DeMore (View posts)
Posted: 30 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: CRISPIN
Indeed. William Crispin, having converted to the Society of Friends, moved his family from England to Kinsale, County Cork, Ireland.
Being realted to William Penn, William was appointed to by Penn to a post in newly founded Pennsylvania. He and son Silas came to US late 1680/early 1681. While the ship was in Barbadoes (en route), William Crispin died and was buried at sea. His son, Silas becoming the immigrant progenitor. I am descended from his second marriage. I currently have no Robert in my database as I followed Silas' line in America. I have minimal information on the other children of William, whom was married twice.

Diane

Re: Crispin

Posted: 21 Sep 2001 11:49AM GMT
Edited: 20 Jun 2004 12:17PM GMT
Surnames: Crispin, Simpson
Gordon, hello ! This is terrific news I have just found your message. I haven't used Ancestry.Com before, only GenForum. I have posted & looked for messages for the Simpson / Crispin family for ages. I am a descendant of your family also. My 3Xgreat-grandfather was William Crispin SIMPSON (1806-1873), the 2nd son of Commander John SIMPSON RN (1777-1863). I've found enough info in your EMail to know that it is the same family, eg Susannah SIMPSON & George WRIGHT & John Fraser (or sometimes Frasier) SIMPSON. One conflicting piece of info is that I have info from Navy Biographies that John SIMPSON married Susannah CRISPIN, the daughter of a Navy carpenter in 1804 at Northwood, Isle of Wight. I didn't know about Sarah CRISPIN or Robert CRISPIN or Constance SIMPSON. Then again I'd only ever found two daughters of John SIMPSON, Susannah & Jane. I do have quite a deal of info, register extracts, Navy records etc that I would be only too willing to share with you. Could you send me a brief family tree outlining your descent from John Fraser SIMPSON & his wife Matilda SMITH & further back if possible. I will do the same in my reply EMail. If you have a posting address I'd be only too happy to send you copies of info I have. This is great news, I've been trying to search for the CRISPINs for ages. I hope to hear from you soon,

All the best,

Sean O'Reilly

David Simpson (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 2002 7:04AM GMT
Surnames: Benge, Simpson
Hi I'm David Simpson, I enjoyed your story about the mug,1779 wow!!
My folks came from Ky. Around the Lancaster area,I was wondering if you have or had Simpson's living in Ky past or present?
If so would you share your information?

Thanks for your time, David Simpson

P.S. My father&Mothers names are
Richard H Simpson & Beatrice (Benge)

Posted: 7 Jul 2003 9:24AM GMT
Wow what a great family history. I was wondering if you had a John Simpson born around 1817 who went on to marry a Sarah Rollinson who could have been a second marriage? I can be contacted at NICKY.BRYAN.SIMPSON@XTRA.CO.NZ
thanks
Posted: 3 Sep 2004 4:35PM GMT
Edited: 7 Oct 2005 12:05PM GMT
Surnames: Crispin
Gordon

I'm a cousin of Sean O'Reilly's (and yours I suppose). Sean had mentioned in the past getting in touch with you and the Crispin mug. I've been busy doing research recently and I have some updated information on the Crispins. If you contact me I'll send you the up to date information.

Mark
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions